Notices

Sober and 14 lbs lighter

Old 08-04-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober and 14 lbs lighter

HI everyone.I recieved a couple messages from people asking how Ive been since Ive appeared to be MIA.I genuinly appreciate that!
Im still sober and besides my 4 beer slip up the Sunday before last,I am past my 2 week mark and I havent been even slightly tempted...I think that slip up was something I needed to remind myself of why I stopped drinking.
I have been still on my master cleanse diet and have dropped 14 lbs in a little over a week!!!Now I have to take time and add my workouts to it so I dont pile it back on when its over....its just too d@mn hot here to be outside hiking and running (my work out of choice).
On a funny note:my husband told me a few days ago that hes noticed out toilet paper usage cut in half since I no longer have "beer pees"...(all you female drinkers/e drinkers will complete understand why that is so funny to me).
I have got on here daily to read some threads and reply to a few but in some good news:being sober Ive been able to put so much work and time back into my husband an my family business and it has really paid off (why didnt I do this sooner?).We have been SO incredibly busy!!On my end it requires hours on the computer so when Im done working I have to get away from it for a bit....
My husband got me a new puppy to entertain me during the day since school is starting back soon and we decided that I am going to just stay home and work soley on our company as well as pick up some online classes..I got my associates in Criminal justice while drunk,so obtaining my bachelors sober should be a breeze
Football season is coming up and we rarely miss attending live home games so I already know I will face a new challenge when that time comes.....Beer with football has always came as an unspoken rule to me...I got this though...~ It will be nice to watch a WHOLE game without running up and down the stands because of above mentioned "beer pees".Anyways,thats where Im at.It has been great to see so many of you who entered this new life style around the same time as me still doing so good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
034.jpg (68.6 KB, 94 views)
Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats!
Cute pup! I have a friend who lives in Gastonia nc!
keep up the great work!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job! I laughed when you talked about the toilet paper thing-- definitely true! I think you're doing wonderful! Good for you!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you both.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Adorbs!

Great update too!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks.Can you believe someone was going to put his cute face to sleep??? Hes only 5 weeks old and so freakin cute.Such a needy puppy,can not stand to be in a room alone..Im hoping his siblings got adopted out in time as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats to you and your puppy is adorable!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Acckk!! I want that puppy

Congrats on staying sober that is SO great!! Oh and way to go on the 14 pounds! Awesome!! Glad to hear a positive update! So great!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on the sobriety!! And Thank You for adopting a pup in need, truley a wonderful thing!! They know when they've been "rescued" and show so much love for it...please update us with pics as he grows =)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gibbs!!! So awesome! That is just amazing and it is really wonderful to hear a positive update, thanks for checking in

Puppies are the best! I had two at once and what a handful...
Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gibson, many thanks for your update!! I'm so happy for you that you've kept going and all these great things are happening in your life!

What a gorgeous little puppy! He's going to be your 'sober dog'! As he grows up, every time you look at him running free and enjoying life, you can think - that's me, too - free of drinking...

You two are going to have a wonderful life together
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

LOL regarding the toilet paper... and you're on the Master Cleanse? Good gosh, I went through some toilet paper on the MC!! Congrats on that, btw. I did it and lost some lbs myself. I think I lasted 11 days. I remember craving nothing but fruits & veggies after I was done.

Cute puppy And good luck on your degree... sounds like a good thing to occupy your time and way to move forward.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

@ soberjenny,yea the master cleanse...Ive cheated a few times with fruit when i felt like i absolutely NEEDED something solid...but my body already is feeling sooooo much healthier and CLEAN I plan to stick primarily fruits,veggies poultry and seafood when Im done....not at all trying to be a vegetarian but since IM starting fresh Id rather eliminate foods I dont need or even normally crave. @thepupsaved me,you are right....he already is happy and playful and spoiled.I think he knows.As I was typing my update this morning he was on my lap barking at me everytime I stopped pettng him or letting him nibble on my hand playfully.He bring something new into our household that all of us needed. I did just find out that his siblings got homes in time too...Im so relieved at that because I was feeling guilty not being able to take more than one.... his personality is so strong and while we were picking one out he would NOT leave from running back in forth between us to keep our attention...he KNEW he was the one coming with us rather we liked it or not
Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Such an adorable puppy-- We got our chocolate lab about a year ago and he has been so comforting to me throughout this whole ordeal. Enjoy your time with the little pup! They grow up quick!!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ok. I gained 10lbs in 3 weeks. I need this master cleanse. What is it? Great job gibson. I am so proud of you
Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

this is the version im using lpnangel.Lemonade Diet Recipe and FAQ
Old 08-04-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My pups picked me, not the other way around, lol...They sense kind people, sounds like you and the puppy are lucky to have found each other..or saved each other? =) Such good news about the siblings, i fostered a litter in March, all but one have found homes...not sure the remaining one will be going anywhere ;-) My other addiction Ha!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

We adopted a kitten 2 years ago pretty much the same way..I was browsing craigslist for cell phones and someone had threw in an ad showing a liter that was at the animal shelter with only days left before being put down....I convinced myself we "needed" one because of a field behind our house in the winter mice try to get in...so we went and she was not at all the prettiest but she was so cute off in her alone corner not with the rest of them chasing her tail in circles.My husband picked her up and she instanty buried her head in his arms...He was sold..she stayed soley an indoor pet for a yr and half but this spring I started letting her go out with me when I was outside..once she discovered chasing squirrels and birds (which was cute because it was so new to her up until I found a headless chipmunk on our deck )but she eventually never wanted to come back inside she doesnt leave from right at our house but she barely wants any human contact beyond being fed and pettedd for a brief second in the morning...I was beginning to miss an indoor pet....its a closer bond.Maybe a dog will work out better for us.I told my husband I promise no more pets until he builds our log cabin on a mountain farm (ah day dreams then I want a ton of farm animals...I use to not care much for animals now they take priority over most people I know...ha
Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I also want you all to know..my cute puppy is so needy that he ran under my feet and I stepped on him...he squeeled and limped and i cried for an hour....and that was SOBER!!!Poor guy is gonna have to learn to calm down a tad in this busy flowing house or dodge fast feet