Notices

--One more demon to kill--... Pt.2

Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
On my way....

Hey Way to go on a strong 25 days....almost a month. You're doing fantastic! I think a punching bag would be an awesome way to get out pent up frustrations. I'm going to get back on my exercise very soon, I think it's really important that we give our bodies a lot of what we didn't in our using days....rest, exercise, good nutrition, and loving ourselves. Keep up the good work friend.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
-New Me-

Originally Posted by Rachel1980 View Post
Hey Way to go on a strong 25 days....almost a month. You're doing fantastic! I think a punching bag would be an awesome way to get out pent up frustrations. I'm going to get back on my exercise very soon, I think it's really important that we give our bodies a lot of what we didn't in our using days....rest, exercise, good nutrition, and loving ourselves. Keep up the good work friend.
thanks, means a lot Rachel. it has been a long road and feels so much longer. just taking it day by day and hoping for the very best this time around. i've done good for this long i see no reason why it should change.

i cant wait to see you hit day 25. cause i know you want it just as bad. ttyl, got to get to work.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
On my way....

I hope you had a great day at work! Your support has been invaluable, I love seeing that you have another day under your belt. Like I said in my post, there was a period of time today where I didn't even think about the fact that I'm quitting, I was just enjoying the day with my husband and my friend who I mentioned in the other post. I picked up a rental car, had ice cream at dairy queen and chicken at KFC....lol, yeah so I should get to the exercise thing. BUT, I have lost 11lbs over the last couple months, 5 of that in the last week, so I'm not too stressed about these eating habits right this moment, especially since my appetite isn't what it used to be, I may be eating bad, but I don't eat much. All in all, today was a good day, I hope it was for you also.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 26...

day 26, check.... 27 on the way.

Originally Posted by Rachel1980 View Post
I hope you had a great day at work! Your support has been invaluable, I love seeing that you have another day under your belt. Like I said in my post, there was a period of time today where I didn't even think about the fact that I'm quitting, I was just enjoying the day with my husband and my friend who I mentioned in the other post. I picked up a rental car, had ice cream at dairy queen and chicken at KFC....lol, yeah so I should get to the exercise thing. BUT, I have lost 11lbs over the last couple months, 5 of that in the last week, so I'm not too stressed about these eating habits right this moment, especially since my appetite isn't what it used to be, I may be eating bad, but I don't eat much. All in all, today was a good day, I hope it was for you also.
pretty good day at work, once i got past the complaining for sleeping in..

nice, glad you had a great day w/him and a better day altogether.. great job on dropping them 11lbs.. mmm, now i am craving some ben & jerry's. good job Rachel .. j/k j/k. i Can taste it tho..

well, i finally broke out the Hookah tonight. i kind of hid it from myself cause well, it reminded me of hitting a "bong" too much but i love my Starbuzz Blue Mist (blueberry) and my Black Grape and had a taste for it so i broke it out. think i'll bring it out once/twice a week for now on. thought it would make me have some type of craving, but nothing....

well here's to another one under the belt... hope you have another great day tomorrow Rachel. ttyl
Old 07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
On my way....

Glad your day went well, sleeping in late always throws me off for the rest of the day. I HATE rushing! Good job on another successful day.

I've never had any experience with a hookah, I've heard of them but I'm not even sure what they are actually. lol Glad it didn't make you crave though! And you should definitely get down with Ben & Jerry....they make much better company than Jack & Jim, so I've heard. lol They are a lot sweeter.

Have a wonderful, blessed day 27. Keep stacking 'em up!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 27...

long 27th day/night. nothing i could not handle though. 28 here i come.

LoL on the jack & jim comment. i've met them and shared some crazy nights w/those two. i do prefer the company of ben & jerry over them these days tho..

thanks for the blessings.. on to 28 , stacking them days as i do the weights :P... speaking of, a hour of weight lifting tonight..... can we say J-E-L-L-O... thats how i feel, luv it!!!! im gonna sleep Good 2night.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
On my way....

Good for you!! Almost a month, I'm so proud of you! So, I have not felt irritable at all in the last couple of days, I've been more so when I was smoking and hadn't had any in a few hours. This is great! How's your moods?

You make me feel bad with all the exercising posts...I have to get back! Keep on posting about it and maybe it will guilt trip me back in to the gym. Have a good night friend.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 28...

that is good to hear. my moods are still up-n-down, but getting a little better day to day still.

as dumb as it might sound, i put myself in the company i have been avoiding for the past 27 days. my buddy called me and asked for help ripping his motor apart and doing head gaskets on his truck.... well, weed smoke all in the air, as good as the kush smelled, i was NOT tempted. if he was not in dire need of my help i never would have went over there, but i knew he needed help. he has helped me so much in the past, i could not say no. i can honestly say i did not crave anything. i will keep avoiding the situation (and them) as much as possible, but like i said, he needed help getting his truck up and running again, so i had to be there to lend a hand.

well, day 28, done and over with. 29 on the way... g'nite SR friends. be back 2morrow. out for the night, long day, need a shower, greasy as hell right now. just wanted to update.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
On my way....

That's awesome that you weren't tempted at all. I was kind of wondering what feelings to expect being around it, since I will be around it for the next two days. I'm planning on removing myself from the situation if it gets too overwhelming, but at this point I don't want to turn back or trash my 11 days, so I don't think it will be a problem.

I hope you have a great day, and good for you for being so strong.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 29...

yeah i wasn't tempted at all, i was worried when i first got there but i knew what i was there to do and smoking weed was Not in those plans. blunts passed my way and everything.. i just said no thanks and they kept them moving right past me. just stay strong and stick to your plan Rachel, you will be alright.

well day 29 is over. a very Proud 30 2morrow.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
On my way....

Congrats on a month!!! I am SUPER proud of you, for resisting temptation and for the month. I am about to pull out for my trip, I will be back to congratulate you some more later today!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
~sb

Awesome to hear your journey! Keep it up!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 30...

thanks Rachel.. you too sugarbear.

today went smoothly. on to day 31.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 31...

One month under my belt... it has been a long road, but it is well worth it. i feel great, i am the healthiest i have ever been in my life (being sober, exercising, ect..).

on to day 32 and beyond!!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
On my way....

You're doing awesome and you're an inspiration to me that it can be done. I'm glad to have you around for this ride....it's starting to smooth out some now that I'm getting used to it. A HUGE congrats on a successful month.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day(s) 32-36...

im glad everything is working out for you Rachel. sorry i have not been on much for updates or much encouragement. internet was down for a day and just figured i would update every few days for now on. i was getting tired of counting the days day by day. it was making it drag lol. anywho, im still doing good. hope you are, gonna go check your thread in a few. i just got a "smartphone" so i'll be checking in more here-n-there.

on to day 37
Old 08-07-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 37...

(^^thanks Dee^^)

great day. spent it at splash zone with the fam. daughter had a blast and so did the fiancee and I.. great day all-n-all.

on to 38..
Old 08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
-New Me-

...Day 41...

still doing good. just thought i'd update since it's been a few days.

hope all is well in the SR world..
Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
On my way....

Glad to see you're doing good. Always good to see your updates.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
-New Me-

thanks Rachel.. i just saw your thread and was bout to reply to it. sorry bout the relapse... get back on the horse and ride it out.. you can do it..

you got the same feelings i got when i really decided to give it up.... i didnt even want to be high anymore, and that was one of my breaking points. i didnt even enjoy the feeling. you can do it. you know im here for ya if you need it.