Notices

New here - hello!

Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MycoolFitz;3034522]You know the quiting point and method is different for everybody. One day I was just drinking my vodka like I did everyday. Didn't seem to have a thought in my mind when all of a sudden with glass raised to lip I thought "No More". I poured in out along with all the booze in the place. That was 54 daze ago and haven't had a drop or a craving since. Go figure?[/QUOTE

Wow did you do it with any kind of support or was enough, enough, CoolFritz.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=You know the quiting point and method is different for everybody. One day I was just drinking my vodka like I did everyday. Didn't seem to have a thought in my mind when all of a sudden with glass raised to lip I thought "No More". I poured in out along with all the booze in the place. That was 54 daze ago and haven't had a drop or a craving since. Go figure
Wow did you do it with any kind of support or was enough, enough, CoolFritz.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Bathsheeba - ah, the "dinner" wine! I used to ask the guy at the liquor store what he recommended to go with certain meals (as if I was planning something special or going to entertain, haha)..... I can totally relate.

I'm glad you joined. I get a lot of inspiration from everyone here. It makes it a lot easier to carry on when you know others are going through the same challenges and experiences you are.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for joining with us...Welcome...
Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome Bathsheeba...was lovely to meet you earlier too.

You will find a tonne of support and insight here, it has been a wonderful place for me in my recovery.

One thing i really wanted to say after reading your post(because it reminds me of me in the beginning) is this.... those occasional "binge" drinks very quickly turn in to every other day, and then everyday. The one or two bottles turn into that and more...maybe like me some Jack Daniels on top.

I am sooo glad you are looking now for the answers, and I wish you all the best in the world for your journey. My question also is... "Why not start today, why wait til after the birthday?"

BTW, I love your avatar.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

"Tomorrow will always be now" I think IMHO You should stop right now asap, the amount of times I have said I will stop after this party or this bbq is so funny, it just goes on and on and on

Good luck , you are in the right place some great people here.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome! The first step is recognizing that alcohol is causing problems in your life. It took me a long time to figure that out.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Bathsheeba and welcome
You are definatly in the right place, this forum is a wealth of information and support.
Hope you decide to stick with it, I'm only on a week but already feel so much better, it really is worth it.
Good luck and take care
Old 07-15-2011, 04:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

I am definately not going to drink for hubbys birthday weekend. I have now planned a camping trip for us for Saturday night - will keep us out of the pubs here at home - thats certainly where we would have ended up otherwise.
Of course Im going to let him take some beer - it is his birthday after all. That will be a big test for me...to sit watching him drink whilst Im trying not to. I'm going to get myself something nice to drink instead, which tastes much nicer than any alcohol....hmmm - innocent smoothies I think.

Woke up sweating loads in the night and have a really bad headache today. Need to re-hydrate I think....bring on the H2O.

Manz - the profile pic is from an artist called David Inshaw...one of my favourite artists from here in the UK. This one is of Silbury Hill in Wiltshire. I like yours too - quite similar

MycoolFitz - wow its great that you have not had a craving in 54 days. Lets hope some of us other new people here will have the same positive experience

SoberJennie and artsoul - seems like the 'bottle to go with dinner' thing is much more common than I thought...hope you are doing well and are getting the food down you rather than the vino.

thekat - 1 week down. excellent!! keep up the good work hun

Thanks for reading and for all of your kind messages

Bathsheeba