Notices

Question re: "Starting Over"

Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I had 16yrs of sobriety, now I have 2 due to one night of drinking.
Sober: synonym: Abstinence: forbearance from any indulgence of appetite, especially from the use of alcoholic beverages.

The most important thing to me is Honesty to self, I have lived a life of deception due to my Addictions.

One drink or One Narcotic=Day One

It's deception and you'll know in your heart what is right..........

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart... Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” -Carl Jung

Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and feedback. Many have commented that I sound like I'm planning a slip, or trying to justify one should it happen. I'm really not. I'm so new to this recovery walk, I just don't know how it all works. Even though I've had a hunch I've had a problem for a long time, this is the first time I've gotten serious about it. I'm scared to death of the damage I may have already done to my body. . . and I'm terrified of what could happen to my family if I don't stop.

But I'm also concerned about how disappointing it will be if I do slip after a prolonged period of sobriety. Considering how mad I was at myself for having a drink on Tuesday night after only 6 nights of being sober. . . I can't imagine the self-hatred I'd have if I had been sober for longer. Just something I need to think about, pray about, get a handle on. Like a PP said, perhaps I shouldn't keep count if it's going to mess with my mind and stand in my way of recovery.