Notices

Hello

Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

woohooo...i just got back from going out tonight and I had to write...I made it!!!!! I didn't drink at all tonight even though SO went to a liquor store ( I didn't even step foot inside) and SO drank. I was DD. It felt good having control, being dependable. Felt really good. I'm really proud of myself. Tomorrow I'll be going out with a bunch of girl friends to a bar and you know what? I'm feeling REALLY confident. I have zero desire to spend tons of cash or drink so I think I'll be fine. I'm really happy.

I know this thread has probably gone on for longer than it should but I just wanted to celebrate this little milestone for me. Day 4 is nearing an end and soon it'll be on to day 5!!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
ETA

Originally Posted by canyouhearmenow View Post
wines and vodkas blah blah....on TV cooking shows using wines...gaaaah its driving me crazy but funnily enough its not that I want to drink so much its more in the context of eating amazing food and sipping on amazing alcohol LOL how silly!!!!
Not silly to me! Honestly this is the hardest thing for me. I can deal with not drinking at parties but when I get invited to a 5 course dinner with French wine pairings for each course I really feel a big loss.

Be strong - you can do this!