Notices

looking_in_my_rearview_now_that_I'm_sober

Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

looking_in_my_rearview_now_that_I'm_sober

Ever take the time to pause and reflect on your sobriety?

How far you’ve come?

The miracles in your life? The progress you're making?

How helpful you’ve become to other people?

Are you understanding (or starting to gain an understanding) of who you are? Of where you fit in? Of how you belong?

Can you, even if only for short periods of time, truly live in the moment?

It’s important for me to do this from time-to-time as I tend to forget the miracle that is my sobriety. I get too hard on myself. I get “out-of-whack” easily and out of gratitude even easier.

When I look back in my “rearview”, I like what I see since I’ve been sober. I don't mean everything's been perfect, but it makes sense. Holy moly...my past actions are starting to make sense and actually have a positive impact on my todays and tomorrows (I'm smiling as I'm writing this - light bulb moment) .

How about you?

Kjell~
Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you!

This an inspiring post because as you rightly said, it makes you reflect.

I am still early days on my first "proper" stab at maintaining sobriety, 34 days to date.

But, I have never felt so good, yes there are bad days but I clearly remember them and have the energy to pull through them. There are good days too, where everything goes my way, and I clearly remember those too and have the clarity to enjoy them.

Because it's early for me, when I look back I can still remember the murkiness, I have not yet forgotten about waking with no energy, being lethargic and having worse days than normal.

I also haven't forgotten about some of the bad things I have done or bad situations I have created or worsened.

Very early, lots to learn but each time I feel like I should be able to drink again, I can compare the "before" and "after" and I am proud of where I am right now.