Notices

i want to use

Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation i want to use

im coming up on 6 months sober on july 18th and im currently in a treatment center. i snuck a cell phone in bc i do not feel safe without my phone bc theres alot of crazy people i run into everyday!!! anyways they took my phone and i went out to go job searching and i have a strong craving to use!!! and i dont have my cell phone to contact any sober supports... imagine that! so i couldnt find a pay phone so i decided the best thing for me to do is keep busy and this site is saving mylife rite now!! i dont want to use anymore!!! but im having a really rough week and my disease just snuck up on me!!!! i have to tell on myself or do something!!
thanks 4 listening
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

don't use. pray. consider going into a church or if you know where there is an alano club, etc. go in there. if you know where there is a meeting nearby, go to an aa meeting. look online to see if there is a meeting listing. but above all don't use today.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I'm not sure how you can job hunt without a cell phone, but I hope things work out for you.

I'm so glad that you found us here and posted about your concern. We're here 24 hrs a day, so post anytime.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you came here!!! Reaching out is definitely better than using!! And good for you for working a treatment program...you are definitely doing the right thing. Please stay strong...get through today....wake up sooo proud of yourself tomorrow, knowing that you are strong enough to resist today!! xo
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank u sooo much for ur help!!! u really saved me... and for the record i woke up feeling so proud tht i didnt use yesterday!!!!! thank u for replying to my cry for help...
Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

How could you use if you're in a treatment center? Or are there drugs in there?
Old 06-21-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Dez! Glad you found your way here

For 1: Coming up on 6 months is just fantasic! I'm sure it had its up and downs getting to this point.

For 2: Congrats once again on coming up to that 6 months!

And 3: Just remember your mind will play tricks on you sometimes in recovery. I know mine does!! Remember this saying, it always helped me. "Sitting around thinking about using sure beats sitting around drunk or high thinking about being sober."

I hope that helped a little . Stay strong! Staying sober may not always be easy, but it sure feels a LOT better than that dark lonely abyss we once were in.

Ill be praying for ya!

-Ryan
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there,

Congrats on the 6 months!

Are you in Sober living or a halfway house? Just wondering how you are out and about in treatment. Not being able to have a cell phone but yet being out in the community? That is so weird. Oh well....

I know it's hard to get the obsessive thoughts out of your mind. I have the same issue and I know it's not going to end any time soon. Do you have an AA/NA (not sure what drugs you used) meeting you can attend? If you can get online then search for one.

All I know is those thoughts of using can really play tricks on you and mess you up so if you can find some support right away that would be the best thing you could do. Hang in there an keep posting. Maybe fill us in on your story? Take care.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

im in a half way house... iv been there for 3 months now and its real stressful but im gratful everyday when i wake up sober
Old 06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

there are many girls using in the treatment center im in.. it really sucks!! and its really hard.. yesterday when i had a craving to use... i looked around an a quarter of the girls brought drugs in and were under the influence... i had to go to a couple other sober peers and tell them to make sure i didnt leave their sight... it was and is really hard.. we get drug tested every week and its really easy to manipulate the drug test even though they watch us take the test... were addicts if theres a will theres a way and the girls all found a way.... a couple of them failed but denied using because their facing legal consequences but they some how managed to manipulate staff into keep giving them drugtest until they show up negitive!! isnt that crazy!!! i hybernate in my room all day and only come out for a meeting with the same girls who are using or when i go to work...
Old 06-21-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good for you on not acting on the urge. I can appreciate how difficult that is. I'm proud of you!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Uh yeah that is very crazy! THey are taking up room from someone who would benefit from that kind of living and wasting an opportunity. What jerks. Sorry, I have pretty strong feelings about that. And poor you!!!! You are supposed to be in a safe place. I'm sorry. THat sux! Is there any way to get the information out that this is going on? How sad!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Deziray.
I'm glad you found us

D