Notices

day 7 SOBER! - will go weekly from now on

Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 7 SOBER! - will go weekly from now on

well it is my 7th day sober!

i was able to sleep very well. had energy this morning that was short lived though and i was preparing for the worst, however i started to get more energy back. it seems if i can keep busy, i am not getting into a familiar routine that always led to drinking.

i was excited to make my noon AA meeting today. i really like that one and would like to make it my main group, i think anyway. i am just a puppy here. it was a very good meeting on resentment. i picked up a paperback of the AA big book. i've read some online, but i need one to travel with...

yesterday was very hard, but i got through it. i went to a very focused AA group last night. where paragraphs are read from the big book and then reflected upon. off topic conversations are discouraged and you can get a gavel knock for pity pot and whining. eventhough they would stop and help, but it's more symbolic than anything, just to stay focused. this helps prevent cross talk yuo might get in open forums and even book discussions that tend to get off topic. the purpose is to understand the book among those participating in great detail and from many different views. i really liked it.

i intend to make my 8PM at the AA meeting that tends to have a little drama happen somtimes, but never-the-less meetings i must go. if i don't make it, it is because i am a single father and can't get a sitter for my very young child.

I thank God for another day sober. I have made it 7 days now and tomorrow will be one full week!

so i will now just post week 1, week 2 God Willing i remain sober! i remain determined and when given bad circumstances i have numbers to call. they probably can't make me not drink, but perhaps through their wisdom, show me i am making more out of something than is actually there. then and only then i can reconsider and not run to the drink that has caused countless years of suffering in my life.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are doing amazing. I am encouraged to hear about the big book study you found. Its great that you are really getting into the book this early. That is our program. If you haven't already, i would encourage you to find a sponsor.

Keep up the great work.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober week!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats your doing great!!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nodl,

That was a Big Book study meeting you went to, where they focus on the solution. These are personally my favorite meetings. Discussion meetings can tend to get bogged down with minutae that have nothing to do with recovering via the 12 steps.

Congrats on your 7 days, you are off to a great start.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very cool! 7 days is great. I like the focused groups too where there is a topic or reading from the book. I can't stand it when people tell the same story over and over. I know sometimes it helps them to desensitize but for the rest of us?! Ugh! Anyway, congrats and keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Well done Nodl, your enthusiasm is infectious.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Congrats and post anytime you'd like or need to.

Keep up the good work my friend and if you work all 12 steps, get ready for the ride of your life!

Kjell~
Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks to everyone for giving me feedback. it really means a lot to me. it's like an AA meeting is always happening. day 7 did have it's challenges. last night being one, but i'll save that for the whiner's posts. i still haven't found it, but i'm sure i will.

again thanks!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on your week sober - that's truly an accomplishment!!

Hang in there and remember to take everything one day at a time. I remember having to keep things as simple as possible for the first several weeks.... It was enough just to deal with being sober!

It gets better - it really does.......:ghug3