Notices

day 5

Old 06-04-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5

i figured i'd post my days.

day 5

i didn't get much sleep. i drank a lot of caffeine yesterday and went to two meetings. finally got to sleep at 2AM, so i had been up 24 hours. my sister called at 6:30 to talk about everything. 4 and half hours sleep - dangit! she's up drinking beer already, probably popped a few pills and is smoking weed. YEAH! i told her i was going back to sleep and couldn't.

i felt okay, but am getting that dragging feeling.

1 cup coffee, one slice cheese toast, one cup orange juice, half of a cigarette (if you have never smoked don't)

meeting in 50 minutes, thank God!

clean and sober as of the morning of day 5. thank you God for giving me to opportunity to not drink!

i have found the AA big book online.

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. "
Old 06-04-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you on day 5.

Got about 5 or 5.5 hours sleep last night - can't remember what time I went to bed but I was up at 6. Couldn't get back to sleep so got up, made a coffee (the freshly ground kind as opposed to instant.... yumm) and was just thankful that I'm not hungover on this fine Saturday morning.

To be honest, 5 hours (or thereabouts) sleep when you're sober seems to be a lot better than 8+ when you've been drinking. It's just not the proper sleep you get.

I haven't tried the AA yet but just went out on the bike for an hour and hit the gym for an hour. On here now and will be hitting the shower shortly followed by another coffee and some TV (or maybe clean my room).

It's all about establishing a new routine for me.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i like your avatar itsaboutime. i just got back from a morning meeting and i feel better mentally, but physically i am a little shaky.

i too am going to get some physical work in. yard work mainly.

on dwi #4 i took a treatment class and the fellow (nice guy) said to do something different everyday that you enjoy. the purpose was to break up the routine and find something new in life, if it was just stirring nice ground coffee with the hand you don't normally use.

thanks for posting.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

nodI5 - You are in the good fight. Good job and keep plowing, Friend.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job nodl5 and itsaboutime on ur 5 days sober! The beginning is tough, but its so worth the fight.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 6 Nodl5. Come on! We can do this.

I have those sisters and have had those endless calls. Be loving. She cannot see what you are doing.

Have you told her you have quit?

Why is she awake at 6:30?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

she's up early some days. yes she is totally aware that i am going to AA and quit. i think she thinks i am in shock about this thing and will just start back drinking. what she isn't aware is that i had been keeping an AA serenity prayer card that has the 12 & 12 on it, in my wallet for some time now and when i passed by the place where the meetings are, i could feel its gravity.

i have made it to day 6!! church then possibly two meetings today. i know i will make the one o'clock. i am doing 90 in 90!