Notices

Alcohol, my abusive lover

Old 05-29-2011, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol, my abusive lover

I fell in love from the very first time we met. You made me feel alive. You enhanced my senses. You made me feel exciting, fun and attractive. It started out slow. But the more I had of you, the more I needed you. Then things changed. You started controlling me. You manipulated me into thinking I could not live without you. You started to become physical with me. Hurt my body. Hurt my mind. Your control made me lose my friends. Kept me away from my family. Caused me to do things I would never do. I spent all my money on you. I lost my car. I lost my dignity. I tried to end it several times. Only to have you beg me to come back. Telling me that things would be different. I couldn't be happy without you. I was nothing without you. I would come back. Only to find myself in your grips again. Only to feel like I am worthless. I knew you were no good for me. I knew I had to end it. But it was so hard. I was so lost without you. That was your lie. Then one day I ended up in the hospital. You hurt me to the point I thought I was going to die. I saw the faces of my children. I realized that if we continued, I would surely lose them and die. It is over. I have ended it for the last time. Good bye to you alcohol. My abusive lover. I pray you will never touch my lips again.

Last edited by ajangel; 05-29-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: .
Old 05-29-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds a bit like my ex-wife.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
Sounds a bit like my ex-wife.
LOL! My ex too.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is so sad but so true...and brings tears to my eyes. I have faith that you can do this, especially because your sober date is my birthdate, and we have something else in common, daughters. If it weren't for one of mine, I probably would not have made it this far. She is so proud of me and we have this amazing relationship now so how could I possibly disappoint and fail her once again?

:ghug3
Old 05-29-2011, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow..reading this gave me a lump in my throat and goosebumps all over, not kidding.

Thank you. Beautifully written and so expressive. Makes me so glad I've dumped my alcoholic lover, too. I've never felt so free.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it's important to know that alcohol will take everything from you, and it will take the things that matter the most to you. I came close to losing everything too.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What an excellent analogy!!!

Goosebumps for me too.