Notices

I slipped last night, but feel ok, and confident

Old 05-26-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

JediTrey: question I suppose, is : do you think easing back to being a light ( 2 glasses of win ON OCCASION) DRINKER, WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE URGE TO BLACK OUT, LIKE LAST NIGHT FOR ME, is possible? I'm starting to think I can, I'm confident of this...

Jedi, you are going to do whatever you want to do. If you decide to embark upon this little experiment, please come back and let us know how it worked out for you. Susan
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
instant

Jedi. May the force be with you. It wouldn't work for me. If I drink it's for the buzz. One or two won't get me there, and anyway.....(insert any one of of permission giving thoughts from our personal library)........so I keep going. I have done "moderation" enough to know I am not able or willing to maintain it in the medium to longer term. It turns out to be hard work, and every time I have ended up a place I do not want to be. For me it's not worth the bother
Old 05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

Originally Posted by FreeDance View Post

.... I like the feeling of freedom I have when I'm not drinking at all. I like not fretting about what time I'll start drinking, how I can "hide it" by having multiple bottles of wine open at a time, whether there's something going on early the next day or not, etc. etc. etc.
Love this comment about "freedom". That says it all for me. It is a huge positive that outweighs the short-term pleasures of drinking.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to admit I find it hard to share your optimism - you were deathly scared for your life...and you lasted exactly 41 days, man.

I do wish you luck though Trey - you know where we are if you ever decide you need us.

D
Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Dee. (That dude has wisdom, haha). But when I posted earlier, I hadn't checked your previous posts. Looking at your previous posts, it appears your life would certainly be better without the alcohol. You know you are an alcoholic and ANY is too much for you.

Remember that alcohol is: cunning, baffling, and powerful.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Looks like you're 1 for 1 this time around.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

For me alcohol is like the wolf is sheep's clothing. One won't hurt, it says luring you into a tangled web of deciet. The confindence of just one leads to another, and then another and pretty soon, right back where you started or worse. At least that's how I see it. Stop while you can, and don't listen to that little voice.....
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

all you did was light a very long fuse which will eventually go off with a very big bang..
iv'e tried it and it does not work for the true alcoholic..
Old 05-27-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

i forgot to mention ..
if you don't change direction you are likely going to end up where you are headed