Notices

I'm back and tired of the battle

Old 05-16-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi sarah - no need to feel like a loser - you're really a winner by coming back and posting. It's easy to underestimate the pull alcohol has once we open the door again. You tried it and saw where things were headed, so you're coming back even stronger now.

That's the way to do it!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome back Sarah. Any one of us could have written your same exact post. I don't know how many times I bargained with myself as to how many days I would drink, but never kept the promise to myself. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you for getting back Sarah. I suspect that once we get here we come and go a while, then stay. I also liked who ever said that battling alcohol is against Rule 1. That makes serious sense.

I guess that you and I both need to learn that managing alcohol is pointless.

As for my coming back here, I am holding myself accountable by being here. That has been a little hurtful and a little frightening for me. It's hard because even though I know everyone's intentions are good, people come at advice in different ways. That is why we have particular moderators who are so very good.

I sit here in front of the TV every night with my laptop in front of me. I post some. I respond where I think I can be helpful and KIND, and then, when I'm more active than everyone else, I play Tetris. This is a job and I'm good a finishing jobs. I'll bet you are too.

So thank you so much for mentioning my battle. Today I'm winning it. Yesterday is over. Tomorrow is, well, an unopened book.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah, I remember you from April. You were very encouraging and understanding.
I'm continuing to stop and start also. I think our struggle sounds quite similar to be honest. I want so much to stop this crazy merry go round. I wish it was different, I wish I could moderate but it seems clear that I absolutely can't. I hope we can encourage each other along the way
Old 05-17-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marria View Post
Hi Sarah, I remember you from April. You were very encouraging and understanding.
I'm continuing to stop and start also. I think our struggle sounds quite similar to be honest. I want so much to stop this crazy merry go round. I wish it was different, I wish I could moderate but it seems clear that I absolutely can't. I hope we can encourage each other along the way
Hi Marria, Thank you for your post. I do think our attempts at stopping are so similar (just like so many here). I thought I could moderate, have more self-control during the week, etc. But I am really beginning to see this for what it is; an addiction that shouldn't be entertained at all. I have really had it this time. I want off the crazy obsessive wine-go-round.

Let's do it. Let's encourage each other and stop this madness!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Marria--I remember you too! How are you doing? Are we going to be seeing more of you here? I hope you are feeling well today. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Missy, I'm back and hoping very much to see my days adding up past day 12 which I reached in April.
I know you've struggled too. Hope you're digging deep and finding the inner resources to stay on track. Its so hard some days but I really want to get there every single day! To fall asleep knowing I'm free.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sarah1414 View Post
But I am really beginning to see this for what it is; an addiction that shouldn't be entertained at all. I have really had it this time. I want off the crazy obsessive wine-go-round.

Let's do it. Let's encourage each other and stop this madness!
I couldn't agree more! I like the idea of just not entertaining this addiction. And stopping the madness.
The other day I held a glass of wine in my hand, I didn't want to drink it but I still did.... I poured the rest of the bottle down the sink.

Its no way to live, to feel compelled to drink. I hope there's better days ahead for us all.