Notices

Where did my thread go?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where did my thread go?

I thought I posted a new thread in an attempt to regain contact with you lovely people on here. In brief (in case it doesnt work again) I found this site in November but having seen an alcohol counsellor have been trying to moderate and control my drinking. Now I have well and truly learnt that having a drink means a BATTLE (always wanting more - always ending up feeling like death on Mondays) I have to get with a program.

I hope to make new friends and gain support as I feel very alone - not that I dont deserve it.

I will post more later - in case this disappears like my last (much longer one) did.

Thanks for listening.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Thanks for posting, Pumpkin. Sorry for the technical difficulties. Please give it another 'go' when you have the time!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Pumpkin Soup! This is a great site with tons of nice people. I'm glad your seeing someone for your drinking. Moderating never worked for me either. It was all or nothing. I let go of the madness and my life has improved immensely. You can do this!!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Pumpkin! I tried moderation, too. Never worked for me, either. It was harder than not drinking at all. Very frustrating for the hour or so that I managed it, then I ended up drunk anyway. I'm glad you're back here.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks to you all. I will repost a new thread when I have time its been a busy day. I wont drink today I know that. Tomorrow will be day 3 - a big danger day for me. Has a May 2011 thread been started yet?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Hi pumpkin soup So glad you are here with us. Congrats on your day 2! Look forward to getting to know you better
-Jess
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Pumpkin - sorry about whatever happened to your other thread.
If there's no Class of May yet - feel free to start one

D
Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome ((Pumpkin))!! SR has been a huge part of my recovery, and it's great knowing there are people here who "get" us and have yet to find a time, day or night, when there wasn't someone here

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi pumpkin - you hit the nail on the head when you called moderation a "battle" ....:camper::camper: I felt like my mind was at war with itself all the time.

As long as alcohol was in the picture, it was all about how much, when, where, and why I needed just a half glass more, even after I had finished the bottle of wine that I had already told myself I wasn't going to drink....... It was like being killed with a thousand cuts.....

I'm glad today that I can't moderate (never thought I'd be typing those words!)..... When I think about what my brain and liver have probably gone through, just having a few (even if I could keep the obsession at bay) would be really unhealthy I'm sure. Glad you're back!