Notices

Thank You!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Moderation to an alcoholic is nothing but constant withdrawal. I drank to get drunk from the get go. So while "normies" don't understand the obsession..I will NEVER understand why anyone would just want a drink or two..or walk away with some still in the glass. It is crazy. It is like we are from two different worlds. Go check out the friends and family section to see what happens when you unite an alky and a normal person. Anyway..glad you are here! My main point is I don't get people who can just drink a glass or two either. Welcome Mister!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome CBS

I have gotten more from these wonderful folks that hang out here than I can ever repay. Keep coming and you might find that you feel the same way about them.

I am really glad to hear several posts that feel the same way that I do. Anytime I mention that there is a bottle of scotch and a carton of cigarettes in the house and that my wife still does both in moderation they act like it is an impossible thing to contemplate. I honestly never think about it except here. Super crew , Reset, and Joe, I am the same. I smoked three packs a day at the end after smoking for 45 years or so. And that is in addition to alcoholism. Quit both and that is just me. My wife still smokes outside or under the kitchen vent hood, and has her two scotches every evening in front of me. I still use alcohol but only isopropyl for cuts and scrapes.

CBS, I am past the apathy and tiptoeing around myself now. Sounds like you're making a good start on getting there as well. It turns out I am now less needy than the alcohol is. I am getting healed faster by the month now.

Just remember, hang in there, or hangover.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Again, thanks to you all for such a welcoming community.

I am sober this morning and hope to be tonight when I check back in.