Notices

New to the Forum

Old 02-26-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I had a wine problem too....drank til I passed out then woke up and drank some more. Now I am profoundly grateful to be sober and the thought of wine, or any alcohol, makes me ill.

Sr is a great place to get started
Old 02-26-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome! You have come to the right place...
Old 02-26-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Solly.

Hmmm...bottle of wine? I used to buy the box and keep an extra one hidden -no one could 'see' how much was gone from a box! LOL

Great support here...especially when you get lonely if you have no one to call -hop on the net.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome Solly.

Yeah, Wine can be nasty as can all alcohol. Depends on how you do it. Eventually, one small bottle will not be enough, then you get to larger ones, then two.

You can do it. There is happiness on the other side, I promise you that. Getting to the other side takes time though. You have to heal, and then you will be much better.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SollytheGolly View Post
I remember one of my daughters bought a very handsome pewter wine stopper for one Christmas (I think....It's a while ago, it could have been a birthday). When I asked what it was, she said it was to re-cork the bottle and keep the wine for later. I told her that I didn't quite understand the principle of that. Should you open a bottle of wine, then, surely, it should be drunk. Regrettably, I do tend to do that.......but no more.......I hope......
I had a very, very similar experience; (as I've stated in other posts, I hid my alcoholism really well, so pretty much everyone aside from my own mom thinkss I'm just an occasional social drinker)anyway, I was at a cocktail party at my step mom's house, and she asked me to re-cork the unused wine bottles at the end of the night after everyone left.

I looked at her in positive bewilderment, like she'd asked me to solve the as-yet unsolved algorithm of the theory of computation. I'd planned on downing all the remains of the wine anyway, and I had no idea what the crap she was talking about.

I also found the the word "wine stopper" to be ironic and actually became angry at this inanimate object driving a wedge between me and my beloved wine, stopping me from drinking wine.

I had a hard time sleeping that night knowing there were a handful of only partially drank bottles of wine downstairs, but I knew sneaking downstairs to drink them after everyone went to bed would give away my secret...
Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome Solly and glad you are with us.

You definitely are not alone and will find plenty of support here from others who get it.

I know all too well that an open wine bottle meant an empty one. I had that thinking too and lived that life for many years. I quit and got into recovery. You can do it too.

Keep reading/posting and moving forward