Notices

Alcoholic Hepatitis

Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcoholic Hepatitis

****This is NOT intended to be medical help/advise/or a diagnostic thread****

After reading A LOT of different information posted on the web and in different journals, alcoholic hepatitis seems to be a rather deceptive condition. From my personal experience I never really felt any different, other than being tired and a slight yellowish coloration in the whites of my eyes. However it seems that with continued drinking/abuse this condition can become quite serious and lead to more major health issues.

I know that when I found out I had this, my only thought was; "Ok, thats it. No more drinking for me. I value my life and the people who care about me too much to let drinking destroy me."

Who else has had this? What did this make you think about? What are you doing differently in your life now to ensure that you will be around? (Because dammit, you're worth it!!!)

I am now 37 days sober and feeling better than ever! I can only hope that the damage I have already done to my body is reversible and that I will recover. Plan on going to the doctor in early march (after 60 days of sobriety) to get all my body functions tested again.

Let hear your stories/thoughts.

Mike
Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All in a day's work

This is something I'm pretty afraid of, but haven't been to the doctor to have it all checked out. Last time I went there was nothing found in my blood tests, etc. but that means nothing.

I hear the liver is one hell of a machine and is pretty good at replenishing itself... good for you for taking charge of your life! I plan on making damn sure that whatever damage I've done so far are reversed or at least improved as time goes on.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcoholic pancreatitis/hepatitis is when your organs swell and start overproducing toxins that that then build up and are life threatening. I had the worst stomach pains I've ever had for a week and couldn't even hold down water, not good times! Better to quit before it happens
Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're taking steps to take good care of yourself.