Notices

1 day sober...finally...wierd story?!?!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 day sober...finally...wierd story?!?!

Yeah i got one day sober and you assk why i'm upset about it,,,well i got geared up for war this afternoon multivitamin, bcomplex minus b8 which i'm going to pickup tomorrow. Called my doctor got approved to continue xanax while doing this...listened to the entire bb edition 4 on mp3...o.k. i'm ready. Ready for dt's ready for halucinations,got a local hospitals emergency room on my phone...dumped all the alcoholic beveraages out...all of it. So i'm ready wouldn't ya think...wanna know what happenened next....nothing. no dt's, no hallucinations nothing!!! I just can't sleep. No cravings for alcohol at all...i've told my wife this before...i don't have a drinking problem i have a sleep problem?!?! To be honest i drink way to much but i was expecting something tonite...so when i talked today he prescibed me ambien....dosn;t do a thing... i won and i lost...or maybe i'm being premature and it's coming?? I'm laughing right now?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HFA

Oh I remember that well. The no DTs, no real cravings, but OMG the lack of sleep. Took about 2-3 weeks for me to be able to sleep. I never slept before, I passed out. I never did get bad withdraws: irritably, fatigue, cravings came and went, but nothing that had me pacing the room to much. But yes, I am an alcoholic.
Hang in there, I am sure the sleep will come sooner or latter.
Day 229
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh i'm sure i'm an alcoholic as well..... .0436 bac the 1st time i was admitted...no douby about it...i think i caught it early this time and was waiting for the ssame results...i did as of a couple days ago drink alot nothing compared to last february when i had the horrable nitemareish dt's hallucinations....i was going to do this a week ago and was discouraged by extremely encouraging people on here!!! They were concerned with safety which i completly understand and i'm thankful for....i just had enough so i didn't get on here todday...from what i read i should of been bouncing off the walls around 9 o clock like normal...not happening at all...just no sleep.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The withdrawal is not always necessarily proportional to the 'levEl' of alcoholism
There's a lot of factors that go into it - general health among them.

Every single detox I ever had was different mesh.

I'm glad this one seems to be ok so far.
D
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, don't give up. Many times, you don't start feeling bad until the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th day. Of course, there's the possibility that you won't have a bad withdrawal, but with only one day...it's way too early to tell. Hang in there and keep all those numbers and precautionary supplies handy. Like my mother used to say...it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was a daily alcoholic drinker for years, and when I stopped I had no shakes, no hallucinations, no nothing save for sleeplessness. After a couple nights, I started getting night sweats, but not too bad and they didn't last long.

I caught a break on a biochemical level, I guess. Beyond that, it doesn't mean anything.

Welcome to SR. If you're anything like me, soon you'll be sleeping better than you have in years!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i hope so....just very suprised at the 1st day...like i said i was down for anything upto and including hospitalazation??? Not at all like my other 2 attempts.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

New member here. I am encountering the sleep problem as well. so bad that I keep taking my contacts out to clean them thinking that's the reason my vision is blurry, but in reality is the lack of sleep! One of the reasons I am doing the weaning process currently. Even a tiny taste will relax me and let me sleep for 30 mins-an hour at a time. Hang in there. I'm right there with you guys.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gee... good luck with that UT girl...weaning never worked for me.

I figure if I could have controlled how much I drank, I wouldn't have been in the situation of having to wean, or detox.

D
Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Gee... good luck with that UT girl...weaning never worked for me.

I figure if I could have controlled how much I drank, I wouldn't have been in the situation of having to wean, or detox.

D
I'm having good luck with it. Mentally I understand that I am not drinking for the same reasons anymore. 1 liter of vodka on Tuesday vs. the few ounces I have had today makes this reason the more obvious. My body didn't need that much alcohol, but I thought that I did. I'm trying, it works for some people I know people really hate on that topic on this site, but everyone's body is different. I have the support of my sober husband who has been sober for 3 days now and motivates me every second of the day.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jerry007

dito to all the above this is day 2 for me and like you no real problems apart from not sleeping but thats goes with it i,v been trying to stop for so long now i.v done the 12 steps been to rehab and a place called options but failed on all counts just goes to show how cruel this is the one thing that i have learned is acceptance of who i am and acceptance that i'm not a weak person i'm a strong person who has a weakness so with that in mind i can go forward, (all the best to all you guys keep strong and sober pete)

Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

mesh

i have a sponcee that said the same thing.

after his last relapse a few days ago,

this time, he did get the shakes, the huge anxiety, and the guilt and shame,

perhaps if sponcee slips up again,

the full blown DT's that i experienced will kick in,

my fave's were the hallucinations,

the creepy crawlies all over my body,

and the real crowd pleaser,

that never ending feeling of Empending Doom

we have to remember,

alcoholism is progressive

all good wishes to you mesh
Old 02-12-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Smart to be prepared, mesh!

Everyone reacts differently for sure... I've never had bad insomnia after quitting; in fact I sleep much better without alcohol. Haven't experienced real problems with withdrawals either...couple of times was shaky, itchy and achey for a few days, but nothing serious and I went to work.

Biggest deal for me is increased appetite and feeling tired three weeks sober, but overall I feel much better so I say be prepared for some ups and downs and stick with it!
Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

On my second day of sobriety I began seeing spiders crawling on the walls and was thinking I was dying. I went to a hospital with tears in my eyes and said I need help now. Withdrawals only get worse as life goes on never better. A lot like alcoholism in general.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It just takes time. The problem with time, though, is that it gives our disease plenty of opportunities to find cracks in our determination. I can have just one or two. See, I'm not an alcoholic. I'll quit next week. I need to drink to sleep, I must sleep.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The sleep thing has got me in the past...many times..this is the 1st time i've done this withresearch.....kinda just feel like i'm sick but i'm not...happens everytime...i think i'm prepared with a muti+vit b plus c...i got like 5 1/2 hrs sleep...drinking was the 1st thing i thought about when i got up...not bad i easily blew the thought away though. Sleep would get me b4 cravings but it's tricky.