Notices

kickin the habit

Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kickin the habit

Hi. I've been an opiate addict (fentanyl, heroin, morphine) for three years now. I have made a few half assed attempts to quit, but this time I am really ready to do it. I have lost my job, I have completely neglected my family, and, as a college student, my grades have really dropped. I am really ready to get sober... I have a suboxone, not on the program, bought it on the street, and will probably be getting another one when I need one. I am scared, but I don't know why. Usually it's anxiety that makes me want to get high, but I know that is my addiction talking. I need to get all of this out of my system, and I am going to try to do it on my own so I do not have to get anyone else involved and worried about it. My boyfriend is also an addict, and we've decided to take a break until we are both clean.

Can anyone tell me what I should eat to settle my stomach, what I should do/ take to help myself sleep? Has anyone got a similar story?

I registered on here hoping to get some inspiration to stay strong, as well as tips to making my recovery easier. I have plenty of schoool work to stay busy with, and I just moved back in to my moms house, so it might be easier to keep my mind off the drugs. I am thinking about turning my cell phone off so that none of my dealers call.

How many days should I stay on the sub? This is day one for me. I usually find day three to be the hardest, thats when I usually give in, can anyone help me?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your question falls under the "no medical advice" heading... sorry...

Perhaps you can get to a physician who specializes in addiction, subs, etc... ?

Welcome!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bazookatooth

welcome

I really think it's best to go see a Dr - not only can you ask them their considered opinion on all this but perhaps you can get on the sub programme.

You'll find a lot of support here - You may also be interested in our substance abuse forum

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Have you considered a recovery group...something like NA or SMART as well? I don't think you can have too much support.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 02-08-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome bazooka - It's hard to reach out for support, so give yourself a pat on the back.... My addiction was to alcohol, but I can relate to the cravings and anxiety of going without. I hope you can get some medical help - it's hard to swallow our pride and make the effort, but remember: you're life is worth it.

Definitely check out the section on Substance Abuse and keep posting/reading. This place has helped me immensely!