Notices

That booze smell

Old 01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I clearly remember the booze smell coming off my body after a hard weekend. I would start to sweat at work and all I could smell was alcohol. It didn't really bother me, since I was actually still drunk. Oddly, I never even thought about how horrible I must have smelled to everyone else.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"...Cigar smoke I CAN smell (I HATE it) and pot."

Brought back another stinky memory. I smoked pot AND drank in high school..we used to wear Patchouli Oil to get rid of the smell of pot. I was in a shop in Manatou Springs last summer..they had a vial of Patchouli...GOOD GOD! That stuff is enough to gag a maggot! I have been stinkin for a long time!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaguarWong View Post
It's kinda sad isn't it how you think you can hide it, but really it doesn't fool anyone. I can remember constantly eating packs of extra strong mints - but you're right, it just doesn't work. Although, it probably did help keep the Trebor Mint Company in business.

I notice the smell more than ever on other people now.
Heh. For me it was Altoids mints.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A couple years back, I was on an ultra-stressfull software project and my wife needed constant care due to being handicapped, so my only "downtime" was after 10:00p.m. where I would drink myself into a stupor, convinced I just could not take anymore stress. Several years later, I admitted to 2 very close friends on that project that during that time, I was drinking very heavily late into the night. That they could in fact smel alcohol on me _the next day_, but since I was doing a great job, they thought nothing of it. Once they knew they whole story of what I was going thru, they were like OMG, how did you even survive??!! Lesson learned..... No matter HOW hard you try to hide it, people DO know. Just be aware of this!
..Mike
Old 01-26-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
din
~ still a believer ~

it embarrasses me to even think of how I smelled!

I work with the public (and drank at work on a regular basis towards the end) that cost me a "bunch" of business

Still, worst one was getting my son out of jail......... and me drunk!
and having drove there,(local jail) then had to DRIVE to the county seat 20 miles away... to pick him up........(couldn't barely even sign my name) blamed it on my new bifocals. And I'm Gods positive the cop could smell it on me!
what the hell were they thinking??

I am so grateful for the grace of god.........AA and my sobriety
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I recall the time I went to my dentist not drunk but had about 3 oz of vodka maybe an hour before. Yeah I'm sure those breath mints work. He didn't say anything. But wtf he must have known.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Alcohol has a real strong smell to it. You can smell it from your mouth and from your skin. I didn't know you can smell it from the skin. If I knew that then I would not have drank so much and go out.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

There have been times I would wake up hung over (already feeling sick). Take a couple shots of whiskey straight, and throw it right back up. Guess what I would do? Take a couple more shots. The smell/taste would make me sick, but I still choked it down.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

I cannot tell you the number of times I would go outside and slam down a couple of beers and a half-pint of brandy, thinking no one could tell. Sometimes I would sit in my truck in the driveway and drink. The next morning when I would go to work, I could still smell the alcohol when I got in the driver seat. I can only imagine how it really smelled to someone who doesn't drink. There is no mask for that smell. And besides, the eyes will always give it away as well. After just one drink, mine would become glassed and red. Only one I was fooling was myself.