Notices

Day 77

Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 77

Today is 11 weeks sober. I have slowly started to easy into sobriety. I still don't like not medicating with alcohol, but the last few weeks I have realized that I don't think about drinking as often. It's still there, like a bad smell in the room, I've just gotten use to the idea. My anger towards it has faded as well. I'm not totally in good place, but I am away from the bad place (not a very poetic way of saying it, but...).

We had company over for the holidays, and I politely declined the offer of a beer from time to time. Not even tempting, my determination is my strength.

I have been dealing with a stressful job (very thankful for it, but still stressful). I have also been dealing with the declining health of my father. He has been making the effort to reach out to me and express his feelings. He left us (abandoned is more like it). His vice was women, not alcohol. My anger towards him has intensified since I have had kids, but I know I have to push that aside and try to establish a deeper relationship with him. Dealing with him brings me bad to a very bad place and time. It is a door that will not close in my mind.

So even with all these temptations to go back to the poison, I refuse.

I thank everyone who has shared their experience or daily struggles with an alcohol or substance problem, for adding to my knowledge. Just know seeing the support, kind words and uplifting comments directed towards another's questions or problems, strengthens me. Just wanted all of you to know.

Thanks,

Toss
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update Toss - congratulations on your 11 weeks

D
Old 01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Riding Barefoot

Congratulations Toss! Stay strong. You are appreciated here as well.