Notices

In the last 17 months I haven't...

Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
Took a drink, drug or smoke. I haven't hurt anybody or hurt myself. I haven't been arrested or been looking over my shoulder in fear of getting arrested. I haven't vomitted. I haven't had one day off sick at work. I haven't had trouble getting out of bed. I haven't wished I was dead. I haven't sent emails or txt messages that I can't remember sending. I haven't left voicemails I can't remember leaving. I haven't felt hopeless. I haven't made any enemies. I haven't held any resentments at anybody or anything. I haven't sat alone on park benches feeling like my life is all over.

I have - got back into employment after a long period of unemployemnt, I have got my driving license back, I have got a car, I have got my self-respect back, I have been genuinely happy, I have gained a sense of peace and clarity that I never felt before, I have felt my self-confidence and self-love slowly increasing. I have lived in the moment 'one day at a time'. I have gratitude, I have been grateful to be alive. I have Hope. I have Started University. I have the love and pride of my family back again. I have People who like and respect me for being me. I have regained the love of music and my guitar again. I have today and I'm looking forward to tomorrow and what is in store for my life. I have AA and SR and all of the wonderful friends!! I have such gratitude for accepting my alcoholism and living in the solution and seeing it work!!

I have no doubt that I would lose everything if I took a drink!!

Grateful to be 17 months sober today!!

peace and Love
Love your post! So inspiring for new comers. AND Congratulations! Your post will be reread during the rough patches commonly found the first weeks out in sobriety. Thank you thank you!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Neo, I am so proud of you!

Take time today to be proud of yourself and how hard you've worked!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow! That is LEGIT!!!! 17 months is AMAZING! It's been awesome to share this journey with you mate - this is truly an amazing post!!

That list of things you haven't done, and the list of things you have, absolutely rocked my attitude today!! It's just beyond words how awesome that is. The latter list (the things you have done since you've been sober) is truly what every 'Greatest Hits' compilation should be - and with a single 'hit' to speak of, wink! Mate this post is going to rock everyone's world, newcomers and old timers alike!

HUGE HUGE HUGE congrats to you today, my friend. Mad respect. Congrats!!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nice inspiring positive spin Neo!!! Great post. Congrats..
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
6/20/08

That's my boy!

Neo, so glad to see Guitar and Music listed as positives to your sobriety. I remember when you first came, you were positive being sober meant giving up the music you love.

Newcomers need to see it doesn't leave, it only changes for the better.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Awesome as always. Thanks Neo.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wink ..Neo..

..great stuff!!

.you sound great as well..Oz..
Old 12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Inspiring, Neo

One thing that I love is you're always genuine, in the good times and bad. You rock, man.

Congrats on your 17 months.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Neo))) - thanks for yet another amazing post. Congratulations on 17 months, and all the good stuff that has come your way. You never cease to inspire me.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for all of your 'thanks' and your kind words. It really means a lot to me and it was great reading all of the replies today. SR helps me so much in my recovery and I am very grateful for all of the wonderful people who have supported and inspired me throughout my journey. I have learned such a lot from SR and the people here.

I have felt good today and driving this morning to Uni and this afternoon back home then I couldn't help but feel in awe at the scenery and the sunlight streaming through the clouds on the horizon. It's moments like this that make recovery so rewarding to me, just a real warm feeling and I'm happy to say thanks to something other than myself in just appreciation of the beauty of nature and the sheer scale of things. For me it doesn't really matter who or what I'm saying thanks to, but just being willing has given my recovery a new dimension and it's real cool. Like if things are going really well then by saying thanks to something outside of myself means that it keeps me grounded and humble as opposed to egotistical and arrogant. I have found that my recovery has revealed more to me as its progressed and I'm just very grateful.

Thanks again,

peace and Love
Old 12-09-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Neo, I'm Yelling out my back door at you.. (((Congrats on 17 months)))!!!!!!

Peace and Love to you!

Road
Old 12-09-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

This is no joke.... seriously what I needed and wanted to read.