Notices

First day- admitting I have a problem.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am a bit proud of myself for skipping friday at the usual spot. Also curious if I "missed" anything, you understand?

I bet you didn't miss a thing. I found that going to the watering holes sober is only fun for like maybe the 1st half hour.

The stages..stage one the relaxed stage. This one is where they still make some sense. Catch up on whatever happened during the day. I can take this one.

Stage 2- The goofy stage. Things just "fly" out of your mouth and you wonder if it is the *insert drink of your choice* stage. It is a fun stage but then on to the next one.

Stage 3- The let me say what I just said 4 times over just to make sure you got it the first time. This is the part I hate.

Stage 4- Whoops...I guess I talk with my hands. Sorry you are now wearing my beer. Excuse my while I bounce off of people on my way to the john.

Stage 5- I love you man...the ramming into people because there is no coordination left. The unwelcome hugs and sloppy kisses. Get away from me now because I could knock you down without any effort. This stage can go the other way. Someone at this stage could saunter over and rip you a new ***hole before you ever saw it coming. Gotta watch out for the silent non huggers. They are usually stewing in their own private hell. The ambush of verbal attack comes from the misery they pack down DEEP inside. It comes out when you least expect it. Sometimes..you don't even deserve it. You become their red headed stepchild of the day.

Naw. You didn't miss a thing. These are the things I think of as my Jeep drives on past the bars. Enjoy your sobriety. It is truly a gift.