Notices

Friday night...

Old 11-05-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm off to fireworks tomorrow too and I know what you mean about the driving thing. If anything ever happens with my daughter I either cannot go and pick her up or I have to drink and drive - not good I know, but I'm on my own and it's not easy sometimes. But tonight I'm a sober bunny, but a happy one!

Tomorrow I'm swimming early before work, minus a hangover, yah team!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

La femme, you mean you dont know the guy fawkes story...tryin to blow up the houses of parliment..yep its a tribute to him is it not...had a fettish to gunpowder and blew himself up..you knew that right?
Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kc...we got rid of the Brits and their bloody Parliament...remember;-p
Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
31/10/10

crisp - happy to see that you're doing well, and preparing for future days, yes, we do forget too easily. Tomorrow morning you'll open those eyes and feel chuffed.

I sometimes think that my friends drink just like me, but, actually, they don't. They don't drink before and after a social gathering, and they don't pounce about on sunday morning wondering if a pre-lunch sherry at 10.30 is OK...

vee
Old 11-06-2010, 01:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Way to go CL!! Looking forward to the journey. It gets better so don't give in
Old 11-06-2010, 02:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Vee, you're so right about the pre and post event drinks (although a couple of my friends do that too, bless them) I'm lucky that my best friend is just like me, although she is not quite ready to give up yet. Maybe she never will, but she understands my self hated and regret. She also understands that we don't have control over our intake.

I have been swimming this morning (almost didn't go!) and I would like to say that I feel great but I feel terrible...but this week has been a bad one and I completed a tough marathon last w.end and then drank for the rest of the week, so not surprising that my body is struggling.

Ah well....to work now...

Hope everyone is ok and here's to a sober saturday!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Wow crisp swimming already - thats impressive and before work on a Saturday - im still in bed but have been cruising around here for about an hour. Hope you feel better later. I'll be checking in.

xx
Old 11-06-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Aggghhh!! I have had some major cravings tonight. Went to the fireworks, which were great but people were wandering about with cans of beer and I hadnt had time to eat...very dangerous!! Got home and scoffed a big plate of curry and feeling better. Already had a moment when I thought 'I could start drinking again, nobody knows I have stopped' Here starts the real work I guess...
Old 11-06-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

yes,had to laugh was at the Fireworks tonight also..with our youngest,was bitter cold, a crowd of youths passed, all Drinking, cans and bottles, they barely looked sixteen, never mind 18, one young guy, had a bottle sticking out of every pocket in his jeans front and back...and was wearing a Tshirt.., i mean most folk were sporting Arctic wear was so cold, also dropped in the shop on the way back home, whole town full of gangs of youth all drinking away..everyone at the store,adults that is pretty much were picking up a carry out....for awhile there felt a lil left out...though jus breezed over me, an quickly added to my Spam Dept of the brain..:ghug3 4 weeks, an holdin good.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Spam dept, I like that! I'm going to create a spam folder in my brain and put any 'just one little drink' thoughts straight in there!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well done you two - Ive not done well - be chasing your tails now - hopefully not falling too far behind but track record not good - i'm a 500/1 on the grand national, possibility of winning -not very good!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Crisp and Kerb - well done for resisting... These are tough moments: When everyone around me has a can in their hand and it's official drinking time for normal drinkers (as in: dark, weekend evening and a once in a year event) it seems so strange that I can't participate.

But, I know why - it's because I'm special
:rotfxko

vee
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Pumpkin!!

Don't you give yourself a hard time for giving in to it last night. I know we were on the same day and all that, but today I could go out and see my ex-boyfriend (who I still love) with his pregnant girlfriend (the one who he cheated on me with) and completely fall apart and drink 2 bottles of wine (like I did 2 weeks ago) !!! So we are still together in this, ok?

Drink loads of water today and get back to day one (we must like day 1 so much huh!?!)

I'm going to swim in the sea today, hardcore!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your odds on staying sober today are as good as you want to make them PS.
Thats the good thing about a new day

enjoy your swim CL

D
Old 11-07-2010, 01:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Crisp and Dee - I havent got too much to say today - seems my thread from last night has been locked or something I'm not sure what I did wrong (except from the obvious) - not got the stomach to reread it all just yet though but if i'm doing stuff that is bad in here what hope have I ever got??

Swimming in the sea - I did that this year for the first time in many many years - was quite warm but lovely and wavey and I really loved it. Cant imagine it will be warm today Crisp on any of our English coast beaches - which one are you going to? Im very impressed but also beginning to wonder if you are sane haha? (was a joke - English sense of humour - please dont kick me off the site).

Anyway back to serious - sorry everyone - I must do better and promise to try. Having found this place HAS made a difference - I would have been drinking much more than I have since I did.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

PS...I can't speak for Carol but maybe she figures you had gone to bed and the conversation had run its course? Drink loads of water and take it easy today. I don't think any of us could legitimately hold yesterday's slip against you since we all have done it and we all have drunk posted somewhere ... at least I have:-)

Crisp...I am also doubting your sanity...much as I love to swim in the sea...its November!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Pumpkin, I think the thread was closed cos it looked like it might get a bit dodgy with people taking things the wrong way maybe? That's what I took from it. Also, threads with people that are drinking on it can only really go so far... Don't take it personally (although I know you have) and move on.

As LaFemme said, we have all done this over and over. If giving up da booze was easy we wouldn't have a massive drinking problem all over the world and this site would not exist. So stop beating yourself up ok?

One of the best things in my life is exercise, it makes me value myself and I get a nice endorphin kick when I do it. Do you do any kind of exercise?

Right, off to get my suit on... yes it's very cold and no I'm not right in the head BUT when I have done it, I feel REALLY good!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yes I am glad its been locked then it will get more and more buried - I have reread it now and apart from the drunken utter rubbish coming from me I cant see that I said anything terrible so am feeling oddly relieved now.

I always take water to bed, drinking or not, sometimes crave milk in the night as well - just had a large glass now on my second. Its not night here I know but I have a bit more sleeping to do if I can. I have put the meat for our Sunday roast in the slow cooker though so a bit of "normality" still exists in this house.

Thank you all so much - having ppl to talk to who have been in a similar boat really does help - even if it seems not when I keep slipping up - I would of been much much worse off without you.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I sent you a PM Pumpkin Soup.
Let's move on now

D
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Crisp - you are nuts! Yet i'm oddly envious.

I dont exercise regularly, its one of those plans I have for when things get better. Im not in good shape.

If the post hadnt been locked I wouldve joked about enjoying what was said in the last but one comment so its probably just as well - I havent taken offence I was just worried I had broken a rule or something - never mind the fact I was p****d eh!

Despite my blooper I am in good spirits today - its a cold but lovely sunny Autumnal morning - maybe a walk in the woods or around the lake is on the cards for a bit later with my daughters. Its times like this I wish I had a dog.

Dee - will read your message now.

Moving on......

Thanks all xxxx