Notices

My sister is in hospital with a bleed on her brain

Old 09-08-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My sister is in hospital with a bleed on her brain

There is something wrong with her heart also but I have no idea what.
I am only getting information from her fiance who hates me and is telling me very little.
She's half way across the country right now, I don't know what's going on or what to do. I'm so worried and feel very guilty because she's normally such a hypochondriac I didn't believe it at first.

All I want to do is drink, I know it wont help anyone but I'm sitting here and have no idea what else to do.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope your sister gets better soon. Do you have nay other family you can talk to?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you believe in prayer? Can you turn it over to God through prayer? It helps me any ways and no drinking will accomplish nothing in this situation. Do you have anyone you can talk with?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers for you and your sister Harry. Of course drinking will not help one bit but you know that. I think reaching out and prayer are excellent suggestions. You'll be in my thoughts.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Do you believe in prayer? Can you turn it over to God through prayer? It helps me any ways and no drinking will accomplish nothing in this situation. Do you have anyone you can talk with?

Everyone is at work or not answering their phones etc.
I have a mother and brother but they are on the way to the hospital and not picking up. I don't have a clue what's going on.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by inbloom View Post
Thoughts and prayers for you and your sister Harry. Of course drinking will not help one bit but you know that. I think reaching out and prayer are excellent suggestions. You'll be in my thoughts.
I am an athiest but I'm pretty closed to praying, sort of praying but to no one in particular...if you know what I mean?
I really wish I believed in God at times like these.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I will keep your sister and you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Harry I am so sorry for whats happening with your sister. It must be awful to be so far from her at a time like this. I will keep you in my thoughts, and hope that things get better for you and your family.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Harry)))))

I don't know if this will work in the UK, but what I have found over the years, even with the new HIPPA (privacy laws) laws, that if I have a relative in a hospital way far away from me, and no one is keeping me updated, I wait until the 3rd shift (overnight shift) and make a call at about 2am hospital time, and talk to the floor nurse.

Identifying myself as a relative (sister, niece, aunt, etc) and the nurses usually take 'pity' on me and tell me as much as they can.

It might be worth a try and would probably ease some of your anxiety.

In the meantime, prayers and good thoughts headed across the pond for you, your sister, and your family.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Harry I'm so sorry your sister is ill.
Prayers coming for all of you....
Old 09-08-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Update:

I'll start with the good news: my sister is absolutely fine and I did not drink!!!!!!!

The bad news is that she lied about the entire thing except for having to go to the hospital for a migraine. She has done this sort of thing in the past but, with the hospitalization, we all genuinely believed her...yet again.
I am terribly sorry for any worry I put you all through and I thank you all for your prayers. The prayers have not gone to waste, she is alive and well and not matter how sick and infuriating it is...we are all immensely glad she is ok.
I am tired, I am angry and feel betrayed she would do this when I am so young in my sobriety (9 days today!!!) but she is still an ill person, even if it is not physical.

It has been hard for me to have to update you all with this. Please do not respond with anything hateful towards my sister. I consider this matter PRIVATE now as it is no longer such a threat to my sobriety.

Thank you all for your concern and support, it meant a lot to me.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry she lied, harry. I am glad she is okay, but I am happier that you didn't drink.

You didn't need this right now!

take care you.

a
Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came through it Harry - and whatever else is going on, I'm glad your sister is ok

D
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Geez Harry, I hope you are well. Good for you not drinking! Times can be stressful. but drinking will never make things better. I miss chatting with you! You always make me laugh.Wish I could do the same for you. Take good care my friend! :ghug3
Old 09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So glad you posted an update Harry. No hate here. Just happy you stayed strong and she is at least physically ok. Your a trooper.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Harry,

I am so glad that things have ended with your sister being fine.

Please take care of yourself.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Harry, so happy it all worked out. I can empathize, my mother and sister in law both tend to be hypochondriacs and cry wolf. I really believe they believe that their symptoms are what they are. It is hard for the rest of us though. Congrats on staying sober.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Prayers never are wasted Harry and I am relieved to hear she is okay as you must be also. Anger and resentment aside, she's family. Hugs - Sarah
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

((((Harry))) - I'm glad she's okay. I didn't know about any of this, have been at work, but am still sending you and your family prayers. That's just what I do

BTW, I am very proud of you for not drinking...that is HUGE!!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy