Notices

more complications with mom

Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

more complications with mom

This got more complicated today because my brother's father in law went into the hopsital Thurs for an infection and had a massive stroke last night. It was one of those really strange things where the infection spread quickly and went into the blood stream and heart and a massive blood clot went to his brain. He is on life support, but has no brain activity. It was very sudden and we have decided to keep it from my mother because she will refuse to go to detox Monday if she knows.

It is not that there was a close relationship, but my sister in law and her family have lived in the same city our whole lives. Her father was a high school guidance counselor at our high school when we were growing up. Her mother is a nurse and has helped our family out a lot over the years. There is a 35 year history with this family and of course my nephew is only 10 and he is going to be devastated. My mother will refuse to miss the funeral and help them out if she knows what happened. It sucks and she will be furious when she finds out, but I need to get my mother taken care of. Once I get her to this place Monday, I will step up and do whatever I need to for my sister in law and her family.

On the plus side 2 weeks sober today! I am hanging tough on the not drinking.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sorry for your loss.

I hope you have time to focus on your recovery.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Gosh Mel you just can't catch a break. You have to do whats right for your mom, whether or not she will understand. Stay strong for your brothers family, and your nephew, but stay strong for yourself first, and don't waver in your strength to stay sober. My prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Don't forget to take care of Mel, too. Sorry you have so much on your plate right now.

Hugs and prayers,
Old 09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, one step at a time. I will keep reading and posting, SR is helping me so much right now!