Notices

My Day 6 - A record!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
eremc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 302
Smile My Day 6 - A record!

Ok, day 3 or 4 was really a record but I can't remember which (didn't happen enough to remember). I woke up today feeling so much stronger than the past few days, like I can get through any day that comes my way. I know I will still think of drinking but I've come to realise they are just thoughts. I have thoughts about everything. I think about my kids getting hurt, or something happening to my DH when he drives to work every day. Doesn't mean those things will happen, it's just me worrying. Just thinking. Same with thinking about drinking... The thoughts will pass, just as any thought does.

Hope everyone is having a good sober day as I am (so far)
eremc08 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Member
 
LaFemme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 5,285
Congrats! You are awesome!
LaFemme is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 20,458
How long did you go without drinking in the past, if you don't mind me asking? (during pregnancy)?

In 2009 I only went 9 days without liquor for the entire year...my liver enzymes were elevated, my cholesterol & trygly. were UP, my BP UP and my resting HR was ticking along at about 90BPM..., i was inching towards typeII diabetes. what a mess i made of my health....along with weight gain from all the extra empty calories.
Fandy is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by eremc08 View Post
Ok, day 3 or 4 was really a record but I can't remember which (didn't happen enough to remember). I woke up today feeling so much stronger than the past few days, like I can get through any day that comes my way. I know I will still think of drinking but I've come to realise they are just thoughts. I have thoughts about everything. I think about my kids getting hurt, or something happening to my DH when he drives to work every day. Doesn't mean those things will happen, it's just me worrying. Just thinking. Same with thinking about drinking... The thoughts will pass, just as any thought does.

Hope everyone is having a good sober day as I am (so far)
congrats. It gets so much better, trust me. I never thought I'd look forward to reading in bed at night.
abnheel is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
eremc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
How long did you go without drinking in the past, if you don't mind me asking? (during pregnancy)?

In 2009 I only went 9 days without liquor for the entire year...my liver enzymes were elevated, my cholesterol & trygly. were UP, my BP UP and my resting HR was ticking along at about 90BPM..., i was inching towards typeII diabetes. what a mess i made of my health....along with weight gain from all the extra empty calories.
Didn't drink at all with my first 2 kids, with my 3rd son I did have 1 glass of wine a night at dinner. My daughter I drank a little more but not every day. So it may have balanced out to the same amount as with my 3rd. I know, terrible.. I got extremely lucky and they were completely healthy and remain that way. I prayed every night that they would be ok and that I would stop drinking. I never got help. I hated myself.. believe me. I didn't bf so I didn't worry about giving it to them that way.
eremc08 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
eremc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 302
To add: my first 3 kids, I was getting abused by my then husband (who drank excessively).. it was a hard time to go through. No excuse I know..
eremc08 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
 
Jabbadabutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 426
Great job on six days....one more makes a week and a great accomplishment!

We need to remind ourselves (myself included) that it is a journey and not a race. Not becoming over confident that we are cured and healed. We just have a great reason to quit right now that overpowers our weakness to drink. We need to keep that on the top of the priority list not just for today, but for tomorrow and the days that follow. Once we let down our guard....it will find a way in again.

Keep it going !!!!
Jabbadabutt is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
eremc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by Jabbadabutt View Post
Great job on six days....one more makes a week and a great accomplishment!

We need to remind ourselves (myself included) that it is a journey and not a race. Not becoming over confident that we are cured and healed. We just have a great reason to quit right now that overpowers our weakness to drink. We need to keep that on the top of the priority list not just for today, but for tomorrow and the days that follow. Once we let down our guard....it will find a way in again.

Keep it going !!!!
Very true!!!
eremc08 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: dayton, oh
Posts: 487
You are an inspiration to others. Thank you for posting everyday and letting people know it can be done at home, with your family and distractions.
Way to go!
stanleyhouse is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rooster Poot, Texas
Posts: 76
W00T! You totally rawk. Way to go, girl. WAY TO GO.
TenNinetySix is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the high desert
Posts: 887
Great job. Hold on to how you are feeling right now. Journal if you can. Around day 6 I started feeling awesome. . .and somewhere around 40 or 45 ish, I started feeling kinda squirrely again.. .I pushed through and feel better today than I have in longer than I can remember!

Stay strong, and keep posting!
GettingStronger2 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 211,303
Congratulations on day 6 eremc

D
Dee74 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 61
Way to go Erem, keep it up.
ChipAwayBoy is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Anna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dancing in the Light
Posts: 61,441
Good for you!
Anna is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress
 
LexieCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 16,633
Congrats!
LexieCat is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 163
Told ya you could do it. Great. Absolutely great.
BoutDamnTime is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SR Fan
 
artsoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,910
That's really great, eremc! I like what you said about all the thoughts we have and how they're "just thoughts." Good job!!!!
artsoul is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09
 
NewMe11109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: California
Posts: 678
Well done!
NewMe11109 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM.