Notices

My Day 6 - A record!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile My Day 6 - A record!

Ok, day 3 or 4 was really a record but I can't remember which (didn't happen enough to remember). I woke up today feeling so much stronger than the past few days, like I can get through any day that comes my way. I know I will still think of drinking but I've come to realise they are just thoughts. I have thoughts about everything. I think about my kids getting hurt, or something happening to my DH when he drives to work every day. Doesn't mean those things will happen, it's just me worrying. Just thinking. Same with thinking about drinking... The thoughts will pass, just as any thought does.

Hope everyone is having a good sober day as I am (so far)
Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! You are awesome!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How long did you go without drinking in the past, if you don't mind me asking? (during pregnancy)?

In 2009 I only went 9 days without liquor for the entire year...my liver enzymes were elevated, my cholesterol & trygly. were UP, my BP UP and my resting HR was ticking along at about 90BPM..., i was inching towards typeII diabetes. what a mess i made of my health....along with weight gain from all the extra empty calories.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eremc08 View Post
Ok, day 3 or 4 was really a record but I can't remember which (didn't happen enough to remember). I woke up today feeling so much stronger than the past few days, like I can get through any day that comes my way. I know I will still think of drinking but I've come to realise they are just thoughts. I have thoughts about everything. I think about my kids getting hurt, or something happening to my DH when he drives to work every day. Doesn't mean those things will happen, it's just me worrying. Just thinking. Same with thinking about drinking... The thoughts will pass, just as any thought does.

Hope everyone is having a good sober day as I am (so far)
congrats. It gets so much better, trust me. I never thought I'd look forward to reading in bed at night.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
How long did you go without drinking in the past, if you don't mind me asking? (during pregnancy)?

In 2009 I only went 9 days without liquor for the entire year...my liver enzymes were elevated, my cholesterol & trygly. were UP, my BP UP and my resting HR was ticking along at about 90BPM..., i was inching towards typeII diabetes. what a mess i made of my health....along with weight gain from all the extra empty calories.
Didn't drink at all with my first 2 kids, with my 3rd son I did have 1 glass of wine a night at dinner. My daughter I drank a little more but not every day. So it may have balanced out to the same amount as with my 3rd. I know, terrible.. I got extremely lucky and they were completely healthy and remain that way. I prayed every night that they would be ok and that I would stop drinking. I never got help. I hated myself.. believe me. I didn't bf so I didn't worry about giving it to them that way.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

To add: my first 3 kids, I was getting abused by my then husband (who drank excessively).. it was a hard time to go through. No excuse I know..
Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on six days....one more makes a week and a great accomplishment!

We need to remind ourselves (myself included) that it is a journey and not a race. Not becoming over confident that we are cured and healed. We just have a great reason to quit right now that overpowers our weakness to drink. We need to keep that on the top of the priority list not just for today, but for tomorrow and the days that follow. Once we let down our guard....it will find a way in again.

Keep it going !!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jabbadabutt View Post
Great job on six days....one more makes a week and a great accomplishment!

We need to remind ourselves (myself included) that it is a journey and not a race. Not becoming over confident that we are cured and healed. We just have a great reason to quit right now that overpowers our weakness to drink. We need to keep that on the top of the priority list not just for today, but for tomorrow and the days that follow. Once we let down our guard....it will find a way in again.

Keep it going !!!!
Very true!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration to others. Thank you for posting everyday and letting people know it can be done at home, with your family and distractions.
Way to go!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

W00T! You totally rawk. Way to go, girl. WAY TO GO.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job. Hold on to how you are feeling right now. Journal if you can. Around day 6 I started feeling awesome. . .and somewhere around 40 or 45 ish, I started feeling kinda squirrely again.. .I pushed through and feel better today than I have in longer than I can remember!

Stay strong, and keep posting!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on day 6 eremc

D
Old 08-24-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Way to go Erem, keep it up.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Congrats!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Told ya you could do it. Great. Absolutely great.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SR Fan

That's really great, eremc! I like what you said about all the thoughts we have and how they're "just thoughts." Good job!!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Well done!