Notices

My Day 3 Feelings..

Old 08-21-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Day 3 Feelings..

Definitely sad today but feeling more optimistic than yesterday. Cried a lot already and talked to my DH over coffee. He makes me feel so much better when we talk about this stuff. He's great. Had another nightmare last night and woke up at 4am crying. We have some things to do today so at least that will get me out of the house and into fresh air.

Day 3!!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Hang in through today and the clouds will start to lift. You've proven you can do it. Do it again!:ghug3
Old 08-21-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Just keep taking things one day at a time. That approach has worked for me for 14 months now!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing great, eremc! It's normal for your emotions to be all over the place in your first few days, it will get better I promise. I'm enjoying reading your posts and wish you all the luck and serenity you deserve. Take care and keep posting!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Erem; i'm glad you have the love and support to help you keep your strong resolve. You have accomplished a big hurdle in the last 3 days...I've been there and can totally relate.

Keep yourself looking forward...and i will share with you RULE#62...which was shared with me by Rusty Zipper...."don't take yourself so seriously"....

ENJOY your day and enjoy your 3rd day of sobriety, your emotional helath will start to balance out very soon too.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks all!! On another good note: My DH bought me a scratch off and I won $9 !! not much but I can put it away for a rainy day!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Good morning! I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today!! Day 3 and 4 were hard for me. Actually the first week or two I felt like I was sticking my finger in an electricity outlet, because I was wired and irritable. But today is day 22, and I promise it gets better!! You sound like you have a great husband. I do too, and it makes all the difference in the world to have that support. Keep up the good work! xoxo
Old 08-21-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

5 months ago, if I had won $9 (or any amount, frankly) on a scratch-off, I would've been so excited...because that would be $9 I could spend on booze. Now that the alcohol isn't an option, if you decide not to put the money away (which is always a good option), use it on something fun, like ice cream or a movie ticket!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
5 months ago, if I had won $9 (or any amount, frankly) on a scratch-off, I would've been so excited...because that would be $9 I could spend on booze. Now that the alcohol isn't an option, if you decide not to put the money away (which is always a good option), use it on something fun, like ice cream or a movie ticket!
Same here. I used to save up all the coins I could find in a jar and then cash them in at the bank then go get a bottle of wine! A week ago, if I had won $9 that would have been my lottery ticket to another bottle! .. Today, I had to think differently, which is really hard right now. It's evening.. I'm tired and stressed from being mom and wife (not so much time for me yet) that I really could use a glass. But I'm going to go cry about it instead LOL ...
Old 08-21-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Buck up, kiddo. Tomorrow will be better.

Just hold tight, and keep posting here.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks!! I need some candy =P
Old 08-21-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Smile

My favorite relaxing "me time" was crawling in bed and watching a tv show. That was after my son went to bed of course, which varied. Laying down and feeling the pressure off my feet and mind drift away felt wonderful.
I think when we drink we look at the alcohol as relaxing because it forces our body to relax but our actions cannot really follow. We still have to cook and interact with the family.
I still ask my husband to take over once in awhile when he gets home after work so I can have some quiet time. I relax, without the booze, and then I can perform better as a parent later on.
I am sorry you are having a tough time but you are doing really well and you have a great attitude. Keep talking to your husband and don't worry your emotions will level out.
SH
Old 08-21-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This morning I woke up totally hung over, puffy face , watery eyes and looked in the mirror at myself saying why did I drink sooo much.

I felt so crappy about myself that I came SR and read your blog about this being day 3 for you. Then I read your day 2 and day 1. I decided to make this my first day again!!

So thanks for sharing... I am just not going to drink any alcohol tonight. I think I can manage that if I think anymore about it , it becomes overwhelming.
jules 67
Old 08-21-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If you feel stressed out and need to relax the bathroom is a great option...a warm bath, maybe a candle, some deep breathing and some good scented body lotion will go a long way towards easing stress....(maybe you can get hubby t o give you a backrub)?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jules67 View Post
This morning I woke up totally hung over, puffy face , watery eyes and looked in the mirror at myself saying why did I drink sooo much.

I felt so crappy about myself that I came SR and read your blog about this being day 3 for you. Then I read your day 2 and day 1. I decided to make this my first day again!!

So thanks for sharing... I am just not going to drink any alcohol tonight. I think I can manage that if I think anymore about it , it becomes overwhelming.
jules 67
I'm so glad you're on day 1! This is so new for me but im trying to make the best out of it. I keep thinking I might slip, but then I come on here and it helps change my mind. I'm just relearning how to be... just no alcohol. I'm glad you're reading my posts. Hope they're helping others just like other posts help me.
This place is really a blessing. My dh and I are watching movies right now, and just relaxing. My mood is improving hope yours does too!!!!
Keep coming back!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing great eremc

D
Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eremc08 View Post
Thanks!! I need some candy =P
My sponsor suggested I buy a bag of good quality chocolate chips and keep them in the freezer...and whenever I had a craving for alcohol, just eat a few of them. I swear it works.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jules67 View Post

jules 67
Congrats, Jules! Hang in there.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hey your doin great! the thing that you are doing right is talking about it because we cannot do this by ourselves this is a we program. and like everyone else said it will get better! just hang on to your seat tight