Notices

addictive voice

Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My addictive voice tells me that I should check out of life and that I am worthless.

The wierd thing is that it speaks up even when I'm feeling good. It's like it wants to take me down.

Feeling bad, feeling good; it's always there.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mine whispers, shouts, pulls my hair, makes fun of my progress...*reminds* me that I've gotten things "under control"..."look how hard you work"?

I put my AV in a locked box, taped it shut and thrown a blanket on top of it....but I can't get the box out of my house...(yet)
Old 08-14-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have two addictive voices:

My one addictive voice is the big guy with a friendly smile who walks into my house without knocking and announces it's party time. He says: I've booked the pub-crawl bus in Dublin, and we're stopping at every pub between the Guinneas Brewery and Galway. We're going to drink ourselves into a frenzy and listen to Van Morrison, Sinead O'Connor and the Boomtown Rats, and the last person standing gets drinks on the house.

The other addictive voice is not so friendly. He says:

C'Mon it's Saturday night; you're sitting here at a computer keyboard alone when you could be sinking some jars with friends at the pub down the road. Remember how "fun" it used to be, raving it up with your mates? You can't just sit here being bored. Go on, one night won't make any difference.

That voice spoke to me for years and I used to listen to him regularly. He's not so convincing any more.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I used to talk to my addictive voice, sometimes I would agree, sometimes I would argue.

Finally I told him (its a male for some reason) to GTFO of my life....he sure wasn't going to be paying my mortgage. (i've been taking all the $$$ I used to spend on wine every month and paying extra on my principal with my monthly mortgage payment).

Now I refuse to talk to AV...I instead talk to the dog who seems to think I am very *wise*
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What an amazing post! I needed this today. Thanks all.