Notices

Day 8.. really wanting a beer

Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I enjoyed reading this post and I was so glad you managed to abstein last night. I liked it because you went from the angst of "will I? won't I?" to waking up hangover - free and without that sense of shame "what did I do or say last night". I bet that felt great! xx
Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

I know me, and I know how I drink... I've been afraid of going out drinking most of my life. I feared parties, special occasions involving drinking anything of the sort... I always knew that there was a very high probability that I'd get bombed and suffer the consequences the next day. Usually I was right.
How depressing to have to worry that you're going to be an ass tonight, know in advance and still go do it just the same...
For the last three weeks I've had to "go out" maybe four or five times in exactly the situations I've feared.. and it's been so pleasant knowing that I'm not going to be "that guy" tonight.
My wife is still in bed having gone out with one of our employees and her boyfriend. They all came to our house after, late. I could hear them downstairs and I didn't bother to get up.. went back to sleep and woke up feeling great.
Had I gone with her last night I'm absolutely certain that I'd not be able to look at our employee the next time at work without shame... today I'm grateful..
Day 21
Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well done Shelly!!