Notices

Day 4

Old 06-09-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

On day four sober ocasional cravings but not to bad usualy gets bad for me 10 to 14 days not confident but hanging in there.I dont want this shame and guilt hanging over me the liquor store is very near my church and one of these days I will be spotted going in or one of the people from the liquor store will come to church and spot me.I will die of shame if this happens.To difficult the hiding my habit to be worthwhile.Will not drink today.....jo
Old 06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

4 days is a great start. Are you doing AA, RR, Smart or any other groups to help maintain your sobriety?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to see your posting and please hang in there. The instantaneous gratification found in sobriety is that there is no fear or shame. Hang tight and seek support.

Keep posting
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jo,

Was also curious about any recovery programs or sober people that you may associate with?

I know you're a very spiritual person and that's awesome - He is certainly guiding you, He guided you here again.

Face-to-face support is really important though. It doesn't have to be AA if you're not into that - there are other programs out there.

Learning to live in recovery, as opposed to just not drinking, makes ALL the difference in the world!

It's the difference between struggling against pure temptation to avoid drinking and learning how to re-adjust our lives; physically, spiritually and emotionally without the need to drink.

We're always here for you, but f2f support is important, too.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's great, congrats on day four! Every day counts. Maybe consider AA, make some connections so you have someone to talk to when you are craving. Hang in there
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do it!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Four days without a drink is a big achievement. We've all been there, many of us more than once. Just take it one step at a time and since you mention church, remember to ask God for help and support when you feel weak and unable to do it on your own.