Notices

Almost two weeks!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost two weeks!

And I really could use a drink right now! I had a trigger today, and I've been wanting a drink. But I have resisted. I even turned down a night of dancing. I have already lost weight, which is one of the reasons why I'm doing this. I still feel a little blue about the situation that triggered my need for it, but I'm keepin' on. Sobriety feels really weird.

BTW I got back on my antidepressants, and what a big, big difference. I feel up and at 'em, when I have felt so crummy at times before. I think it's really going to help with the healing process, after all our brains are pretty messed up from the years of poisoning it. I can't help but think where my life would be now if I hadn't drank it away. I had some good experiences while being a drunk, but now I have no money, and I can't do things I used to due to financial constraints.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks! You have made it through some of the most difficult days. Keep up the awesome work.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Glyon

Congrats on your almost two weeks.

Early recovery is a time of ups and downs enotionally. Post here as often as you need to.

D
Old 06-03-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am at around 35 days. My first two weeks were bad however, the emotional binges have followed. What really helped me was working on some steps, listing resentments, and working on that anger and insecurity that made me drink in the first place.
It does get better from here.
Congrats to you!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well done the first two are tough but each day gets a little easier, even now being sober for almost 6 months I still find it hard, keep up the good work and just keep it simple
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome news on your sober time and for riding out the rough spots. I have had triggers in my early sobriety and I just work through them one day at a time. It does get better and as we get more comfortable with sobriety, we become stronger with our resolve.

This is a new you and I am so glad you are here. Keep posting as we are all pulling for you. Sobriety is amazing.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on resisting today. The first two weeks is hard work. Keep it up. It's more than worth it!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congrats on 2 weeks! Im am 3 days short of that right now. I can relate to you on the feeling of where my life could have been had I not drank away the last 10 years, but as my counselor told me its water under the bridge and you've got to move forward. I do know that not drinking the last 2 weeks has opened up my eyes to the world that is out there, where as before my weeks were just a blur trying to make it to the weekend where I could get hammered. I to have also had to turn down invites to go hang out and watch a band or or hang out at the pool as I know these were just excuses to go drink. This site has definitely helped calm those urges to drink by giving me an outlet to vent as well as to listen to others going through the same things as myself. Good luck on your journey
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You know I have to agree with you on the statement that "Sobriety feels really weird."

It felt really weird for me in the beginning to. I didn't know who I was. The sober person was not the same as the one throwing back the glasses of wine for sure. Who the heck was this sober person? It took a lot of time and I am still discovering who she is.

I also have current financial constraints, BUT I have my health (thank the good Lord), a home, enough to pay the bills and put meals on, a car to get me to places (when I can afford the gas), and my health. I mention the health because that's what I used to take for granted so much. I was destroying my body by drinking and taking such health risks. I am lucky I have my health.

Don't regret yesterday. You can do nothing about it. Live in today and find some gratitude for where you are at this moment. That's my advice any ways. Hope something here might help.

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on being 2 weeks sober or almost 2 weeks sober. It adds up fast doesn't it.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
part time member

Those first two weeks are the hardest...

JOB! Keep at it. You know you can do this now.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Awesome 2 weeks!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Glyon on your 'almost two weeks'! I am also at the 'almost two weeks' stage and although the not drinking is easy, my emotions are all over the place. I'm sure things will get better

Saying 'no' to invitations is easy, but when I watch THE WHOLE of my office go out for Friday lunch drinks I could weep. I feel like a child who hasn't been picked for a team I'm currently taking solace in filing random pieces of paper.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations Glyon! Two weeks seems like a dream to me right now. But a week ago, so did 8 days and that's where I am today.

Thanks for posting and letting me know how it feels to be there and showing me that we can do this. Good for you!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

2 weeks,thats great going...well done..
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
part time member

I remember how proud I was at double digits! Nobody can understand such an accomplishment until they have done it!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats! Throughout all of my attempts that had any real momentum, I could never quite get through two weeks because of the second weekend. I'm thinking about starting over again this weekend.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Reducedquality...2 weeks was always my max time i could reach..then i seemed to relapse each time..this time ive broken that duck,as it were,and now over 40 days, and it feels like ive broken that mental block,and stranglehold, now i really beleive i can go the whole way..you can too..go for it...wishin you well.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Gylon, that's awesome!!! Don't focus on the "coulda, woulda, shoulda"s, you're not there any more. You're here and doing great!! It is weird changing our lives, but when you do it long enough it becomes second nature to us, just like breathing air. Keep on, keepin' on.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hey fellow Wisconsinite! Nice job Glyon...keep it up. One day at a time.