Notices

Day 2- middle of the night....

Old 06-02-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

:ghug3 Every hour you endure is one step closer to feeling good. The anxiety really sucks, but hang in there. You'll be SO glad you did. Everybody is there with you in spirit, so go easy on yourself and soak up all the love and support you can. You can do this!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dub - I'm thankful you posted, been wondering how it was going. I hope knowing you're not alone helps - I couldn't even type or sit down when I was detoxing, but it would've helped to post here. Once you're through this, you never have to repeat the process. You will be free once again. Go Dub!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just want to add one more voice to the dry heaving/panic level familiarity. For me it lasted three to four awful days and then started to get better. I drank loads of soda water and snacked as opposed to full meals. I felt like crap, but it helped to acknowledge that alcohol had brought me to that place. Just how awful was my drinking that stopping took such a toll?

Whatever you do, don't reach for the bottle to cure the bottle!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Dub,

Great hearing from you! Hang in there, you can do it!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

untitled....

well here i am- good except still dont want to eat anything. The ramen noodles tip worked, I had half a bowl. Cheez snacks and half bowl of noodles in 2 days- maybe thats why I am wiped out, no sleep or food but drinking a lot of water. Going to bed soon, to sweat some....its 5pm....
i am really brain dead so will only be up for another hour maybe. Wish i could eat. Don't feel like myself- am sure that will correct, or hopefully.
Dub
Old 06-02-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It will get better Dub, you know it will. It just seems like the first few days last forever. But they'll be over before you know it and you'll be feeling so much better. Hang in there, you can do this.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

DUB!!!!! Hang in there man!!! I PROMISE you, you WILL feel better in a couple of days. The anxiety will go too. Hang in there, you're doing great!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

thanks

thanks friends-
i have gone from being brain dead to reading everything on here....like i said before, my mind is a scrambled mess right now. glad i am not at work. maybe i need a job that can use (or at least tolerate) that frame of mind- no, i have tried that years back, pretty sure thats why i am having to detox...
doing good i guess, sweating already and laying in bed, my liver is working its ass off.
Dub
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Dub)))

It will pass. Just try to eat what you can, soft foods, and drink as much water as you can. Take the B 12 vitamins in the morning. B 6 is good at night. You will get through this and never had to do it again.

I'm so happy to see you posting!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bbr

Hang in there Dub. We're all pulling for you.

BBR