Notices

Day 2- middle of the night....

Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2- middle of the night....

hey Friends...day 2, almost and can't sleep so just wandering around the house. There is no alcohol I poured it all out, that is good. Middle of the night here.
yesterday was not good, I didnt feel good and a bad day at work (which is unusual for me)- but I was a nervous wreck inside my head. I even had some shakes late in the day but not too awful. I haven't eaten in nearly 36 hrs, except some cheez chips and around 100 gallons of water. Not even close to hungry- actually what got me out of bed was I thought I had to get sick, but there is nothing but water to purge (sorry for grossness).
My mind is racing with weird thoughts which is keeping me from sleeping, think I might be a bit insane right now. I have off work until Monday so hopefully I will be functional by then. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a repeat, not feeling too much different as the hours tick off so far.
Hopefully I can touch base tomorrow sometime.
Thanks for being here- I appreciate you all.
Dub
Old 06-02-2010, 01:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't be afraid to check in with your doctor Dub....

& this thread has some ideas on 'low maintenance' stuff to eat for the early days when we just don't feel like it...I used to have a lot of soup...and tinned veges always seemed to go down ok...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

good luck mate - congrats on day 2
D
Old 06-02-2010, 02:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep going Dub. Anything that is worth something has to be worked for. The more you suffer now then the more you'll appreciate it when you're feeling better. Make sure also you're making mental notes about all of this pain and suffering so you can remember it when you're sober again.

Peace
Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep it goin mate - you will come out the other side stronger - know that what you're doing now is giving you a better future
Good luck
Old 06-02-2010, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good work Dub. Hang in there as these early days do pass and you will be really proud of yourself once it is behind you.

I remember puking the first day water (as all I could hold and really wanted) and it was a vicious cycle. Hell.....I didn't eat any food for 5 days period. I was so sick but about 3 days in.....I was starting to get an appetite and I could hold down some raw veggies, crackers, etc.

I did my vitamins/thiamin each day and drank tons of gatorade. Gatorade is an excellent choice to combat dehydration. Good stuff.

Just rest and take it easy my friend. Check in with the Dr. if you are feeling pretty sick though.

All the best! Keep posting!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I second the gatorade idea. Hang in there, this can be your last detox.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm a little over two weeks Dub and I had the same thing the first few days...I spend A LOT of time on SR, reading tips,arcade, and getting advice that really calmed my anxiety...my sleep is still off, but much better, and I'm eating healthier knowing what I'm eating without waking up to empty pizza boxes and other fast foods I would order in while intoxicated...even look in my wallet and there is some money there now LOL..I followed everyone's advice, Gatorade is great, I drink an Ensure a day, tons of water and a some vitamins...Soup is great too, I still do lots of that, and when I get urges or cravings which I get big time, I sign on to SR and just engulf myself with reading posts and knowing how much worse I could be like poor Ted Koppels son...I was on the same road, been to that bar he was at, and have had relatives tell me of nights they watched me wondering if I was going to stop breathing...but, here before the grace of God go I...and I'm going to do my best to to keep on keeping on...Its not easy but, its so damned worth it...stay with it brother, we're here for you and if it gets too bad check in with a doctor, I did that too following advice from SR. You got this Dub...it don't "got" you. Peace.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

By the end of the week you'll feel like a million bucks Dub!!!! Just get through this and I also promise you, you'll be sleeping very soundly. Great job Dub!!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hang in there, Dub! We all went through this to one degree or another, it WILL get better
Old 06-02-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Way to go Dub! I did go to the doctor the first time around and got a small script for anti-anxiety drugs and klonipnen. Both helped immensely with sleep and head games at night.

Keep on truckin' , dude.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Dub,

Just sleep when you can, don't put any pressure on yourself.

It's good that you don't have to work until Monday. Are you home alone?

Make sure you get medical advise if needed and yeah, don't get dehydrated.

It is worth it, and like others have said - remember this feeling, so you never have to feel this way again. Although I didn't really suffer with withdrawal sickness, i did have many sleepless nights and the feeling of going "insane". But I did remind myself how sick I made myself when drinking - that got me through. I never want to throw up because of alcohol again!!!

Hang in there buddy - you can do it and we are here for you. :ghug3
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Gatorade, multi-vitamins, cold water, and RAMEN! No, seriously. Only use like half the spice pack - to keep the sodium low. That stuff has a ton of protein and quick calories - both of which are very, VERY helpful in the first few days. It took me 2 hours to eat half a bowl of ramen on my first attempt on my first Day 3. But man, that was the start of feeling better, I'm tellin' you!

Stick to it bub, you're doing great!

Okay, ride to work is here. Later!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks everyone- slept two hours after i posted. then went into my dry heaves - just going to lay around some. My anxiety has really ratcheted up- on edge... catch you all later.
Dub
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for keeping us posted Dub. Keep on Truckin along man. You'l never have to go through this again then!!!

All The Best man.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

You can do this dub! We're all pulling for you!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Keep coming back!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Hang in there Dub. Stay safe.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You're part of the flock Dub...help is on the way!

Jen
Old 06-02-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

<3
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

small meals, soup, herbal tea....even just a few bites...plain old saltines to help absorb stomach acid....bananas when you feel up to it.

I drink this herbal honey-chamomile "relaxing" tea..if I drink enough of it, it is very helpful with anxiety....grocery stores have an amazing variety if you look.