Notices

Hey Friends- I feel like crap

Old 05-15-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there D...went from a liter of bourbon a day to zilch...I feel like a bag of sh*t...thrown down a flight of stairs...then wrapped up in Christmas paper...and lit on fire...but other than that, I am well..LOL...However, I have not had a drink...or drug. Maybe stay in music but get onto the classical circuit which I believe don't have as polluted an environment..I could be wrong though...for me if I have one, it targets my receptors immediately and I am doomed...I've only posted a couple of times on here so far, but it is certainly a great place and I have read quite a bit to get through the cravings which has helped immensely...perhaps I might have went to the liquor store yesterday if I just didn't plant my butt down and read for hours on this sight...learned so much...sorry , ranting here a bit, but I'm going to roll with it...it prevents me from any distractions today...I leave you with this quote which I changed around a little from "Lord of The Rings"...Corny ?? Yes...but what the heck, worked for me yesterday...instead of Aragorn saying it, just insert me...KingofNewYork, since that is where you are, and now you know you have a friend close by..and sober. : Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons and daughters of Sober Recovery, of Abstinent, my brothers and sisters ! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of women and men fail, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of people comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men and Women of the Sober World !!!* ....O.K. as you were...:..see all these singers didn't drink either because of the quote I gave them. Peace.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

KingofNY -LOL!! I couldn't sit through 5 minutes of Lord of The Rings the movie and didn't read the book (sci fi isn't very funny...) but I could read your stuff all day long!!

I look forward to your next adaptation!!!

Peace,
Pork
Old 05-16-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I am 7 days sober today ans work in the MEDICAL SPa industry where everything we do is based on HEALTH AND WELLNESS and I was snoreting up to 600 MG
s of OC in the bathroon everyday while at work, working with girl that came in still drunk form the night before and went out and invited me EVERY NIGHT, which I used the excuse that b.c I was in management (which was true) that there was a rule we couldnt go out w. them, even though plenty of other mangers did.
I know the music industry has the reputation and facts to back it up that it is a drug and alcohol fueled industry but just for eample, look at my idndustry of health and wellness and we/they are doing the same, and let me telll you when I worked for onee of the larges well the largest fitness center in the country w/ over 100 locations and a spa in inch of them, I managed and grand opened 2 of them in a little over a year and the group fitness and personal trainers, the healthiest of the healthy (on the outside) were some of the biggest junkies and alcoholics I have ever met in my life....
Just food for thought...
<3 Dream