I'm going to flip

Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

..g'day....your friend...ozy...
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Bam)))

I make no guarantees.

Anyway, I struggle with depression myself. I've not had good luck with anti-depressants as my body gets too many side effects.

I do try to get some sunlight each day, a little exercise, even if it's only around the block once.

I have an excellent meditation tape that I use almost daily that seems to help with the anxiety. It's very old, I've had it digitized and loaded into my iPod. It's called "Freedom from Stress and Anxiety" by Barrie Konicov. It might be available in CD now. It sounds really hokey, but it helps me. I also take some extra Vitamin D.

Hope this helps, I'm just so glad to see you!

Love,

Lenina
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Bam I just wanted to throw out my support, too. I understand depression in sobriety, and it's painful. I'm glad you came here to share what was really going on. You are obviously well thought of here - look at all the support! I'm transitioning through various meds, again, for my BPD, and it's an arduous process. I hope this episode isn't too bad, and that things look brighter for you in the near future. Hang in there, and keep reaching out.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Wandering Student of Life

Good evening bam - I'm throwing my support your way too! I also suffer from depression as well as a touch of bipolar disorder - so the down times are really down times and the "good times" sometimes just don't feel right or real or something. So, you get my complete empathy. Well, sympathy too, but I really get what it can be like, so please know you can always send a message my way - I'm an anonymous sister who swears to not judge or ignore you. Hell, I won't even offer any advice if you don't want me to. I'm very happy for you that you've come back to the forum and you'll be in my thoughts while I'm taking my medication - hoping for the best

Please take care, and rest deeply when you can.

Blessed be,
WW
Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome back, Bam! You were missed - I always enjoyed your posts & got alot out of them. Please stay around.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Bam! I've wondered about you!

A year! Look at you! So awesome. I'm impressed that you chose sobriety over a job, too. That's how important sobriety is to you...it says volumes.

Your niece is a very, very lucky little girl.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega Bam

Congratulations on your sober year.....belated

I'm so very sorry to know of your recent
difficulties ....hope they will sort out soonest.

Welcome back Bam
Old 04-30-2010, 04:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Bam, you don't have to let your situation be the wheels that drive you to a relapse. I completely get you going through a "funk", I have had my share of them over the past two years, and some where I have had the "F it's!!" so bad I just wanted to crawl into bed, bail on work, just give up. However I also know that I had worked very hard to get to where I have, so I made the choice to "kick my @ss into gear" and work through it.

By the end of whatever it was that I was going through, I was glad that I worked extra hard to get through my situation and in some cases things worked out where I was in a better situation in the end of it all.

Keep the faith, stay hopeful and be your biggest cheerleader, you can get through this.

And one more thing, I see some people who get to the "one year" mark and then they go through some kind of struggle with that too, kind of like "well, I did a year, so now what??" kind of thing. Now do another year. I went through that too and I'm now half way to my 3rd anniversary. When I got to year two I was thrilled!!!!

Keep up the great work Bam, you can do this!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
I see some people who get to the "one year" mark and then they go through some kind of struggle with that too, kind of like "well, I did a year, so now what??" kind of thing. Now do another year.

That's me, alright. I would have liked to try and stick it out at former job, but I'm not stable enough. I tried for a long while...I made it 4 months before I couldn't do it any longer.

I hope I can make things work out for me. At least the weather is getting nicer.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It is so good to hear from you Bam. I am sorry about your job, but so glad to hear how you are handling things. Things were bad at the job and you gave a 2 week notice to save your sobriety. You are having problems with depression and you call your therapist. Bam, you should be proud of yourself my friend. You are DEALING with this thing called life and you aren't hiding from it. I know I am proud of you any ways. I really felt good seeing your name on this thread. You've been missed. Your presence around here has been missed. xxx Sarah
Old 04-30-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Rev
Awakening

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
I'm exhausted all the time. I just quit my job (I was able to work out a 2-weeks notice) because I was headed for a relapse. I was in an extremely toxic work environment. It really sucks to have to choose between a job and mental wellbeing, but I have to look out for number one. One of the people who works there knows exactly why I quit. She's been in AA for almost 30 years and as soon as I told her what was going on she understood.

I can't go back to being a drunk.
Dysfunctional work environments can drain your soul, turning you into an emotional zombie (or worse). I recently left a job where disorganization, wastefulness, backstabbing, etc. ruled, and I couldn't take it anymore, either. I totally understand, and you're doing the right thing. I hope this moves brings you the peace it brought me. No one should have to go day after day feeling like that.

Rev
Old 04-30-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
hypercube

Bam, I too have depression. It's a difficult and painful illness at times. Getting out of a toxic work environment is a positive step and takes courage, I'm glad you're looking after you.