Starting over again.....

Old 05-16-2010, 02:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nice one on 30 days sober!!!!

peace x
Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations!!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

8 days behind you....good goin girl!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What a difference from the post on 4/16! You can almost see the light shining thru your new posts. Wow! Way to go! God is with you, SR is with you, love and light are all around you in your sobriety. Keep up the great work! I am only 10 days ahead of you btw! :-)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats Kim!!! When I first started reading this thread I didn't realize it was old...and thought you were writing about more recent times. Was saddened until it started not maiking sense, then ckecked the date. Good job...you are inspiring!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

Sorry to hear about your struggles but congrats on getting right back on track. Great job! I had to realize and truly beleive with all my being that there is never an excuse to drink or use. That no matter what happens in my life, however tragic, emotional, or sad it may be; it doesn't give me license to use. When the times arise that i'd typically use over i lean on my network of recovering friends and the tools i've learned in recovery. Congrats again!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awesome Kim! You have a great attitude . Thanks for sharing and being so supportive here.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Guys - Just a quickie update that I am now 99 days into my sobriety. Man, what an amazing journey. I usually repost this thread so anyone who sees my recent posts knows that I am night and day from what I was when I first got sober. The journey to sobriety is about evolving. So many doors are opened and we are no longer weighed down by the alcoholic beast within.

The early days and weeks are rough but I hung in and work hard every single day to make positive change.

Huge huggs to my SR family for being here no matter what hour of the day, when I feel sad or elated whether I have 2 months of sobriety down or just picking up after relapse.

All of you have add so much and have truly helped me in my early sobriety. From Carol, Dee and Anna.....your constant kind, solid words have allowed me to open my eyes and the continuous caring, non judgmental environment here at SR has allowed me to share things that I haven't shared with some in my personal life. SR is the main reason I survived those initial days. Heck.....I was so weak that if it weren't for SR....I don't know if I would have made it out.

SR gets me and a huge part of my success comes from the loving friends in my April sobriety group. We all started around the same time and taking this journey with all you has been a blessing.

My advice to anyone new to sobriety or thinking about getting clean is that you can do it. Please stay the course and get support!!! I am using a combo of both SR and counseling and man my counselor has really helped me focus on me and handle the ups and downs in sobriety in a positive way. Whatever program of recovery you choose....stay with it and work the stars out of it. Our lives are just beginning once we get sober. It is a whole new you......finally it is time to breath!

Ok enough rambling from me. Please keep posting as I am inspired by all of you.....from our veterans with years of sobriety to our new friends who are taking it hour by hour and sometimes moment by moment.

Sobriety is amazing and it is achievable. They should put that on the alcohol bottle labels.

Huggs and continued strength to all the SR family.

Kim
Old 07-23-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress Kim!
and thanks as always for your contributions here

D
Old 07-24-2010, 03:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Nice one on 99 days sober!!!! Great post too!!!

Thank you personally for your support and inspiration. It's great walking this journey with you Kim!!

peace and love xxxxx
Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
SR Fan

WOW - great post and great story...... Thanks for YOUR inspiration here at SR. You've helped me many times. Congratulations, Kim.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kmber2010 View Post
Sobriety is amazing and it is achievable. They should put that on the alcohol bottle labels.
Wouldn't that be nice!!! Wouldn't it be nice if society as a whole viewed alcohol the way it really is instead of glamorizing it?

Congrats on 99 days! You Rock!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I saw the thread title and thought you had relapsed! Scared the **** out of me
Old 07-24-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Wow Kim,

When I first saw your thread tonight I thought like Stang;

......Kim relapsing ?

Thanks for the inspiring post,

.....from a fellow Apriller

Grateful to be sober in Carolina.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Kim

I'm glad you came back to S.R. I used to read your posts before and you really used to cheer me up. I really admire your honesty. You are a very strong person and you can do this.

Gx
Old 07-25-2010, 02:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Whoops, silly me! Just read through again and realise what you've done!! Congratulations Kim, you are such an inspiration!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

UPDATE - Today I have 6 months of sobriety/recovery.

I can't thank all of you enough for supporting me and encouraging me to take the positive steps in my life to get to that "better place."

I share this particular post as usual because it was the first one I posted after my relapse. I was shaky, scared and open to any help and any kind words I could find.

I am not that person anymore who originally posted this. I am stronger, healthier physically/mentally, positive and believe in myself again. I have my confidence and self-esteem back from being on a long 10 year alcohol induced hiatus.

While I love my husband beyond measure, I managed to get sober in his absence, on my own by reaching out to SR for support. I began counseling short after and have been going ever since. I have completely ditched all pain meds, have a healthy diet in place and have very little anxiety that is managed through natural exercises.

I started this amazing journey when I accepted that I was an alcoholic and that drinking for me could not be moderated nor cut back. I realized all of the negatives in my life were due to the chronic alcohol abuse. My life now is blessed purely because I am in recovery and I have stayed on track and have done so much work to change my life and my attitude for the positive.

SR encouraged me.....and helped give me strength to seek the face to face support that I was desperately missing.

I am a better wife, daughter, friend and overall person because of sobriety. I have faced many difficult, trying events that through recovery I have come through stronger.

My greatest gift in sobriety has been the surprise miracle of pregnancy. I found out a few months after getting sober. Our little boy will be joining our family next February.

Yes, I believe in miracles and I believe that we all have the ability to change and I urge all to never give up and never say it isn't worth it. We have to do the work.

I am proof as many others are that - YES, we can change. I know my unborn son is a gift to my husband and I because I chose sobriety.

Thank you everyone.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Well reading this is an awesome start to my day! Thank you Kim!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Awesome Kim,

Your attitude is so inspiring. Thanks so much for posting
Old 10-16-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats Kim. What an inspirational story! You have come so far.

I am proud to call you a friend and am glad you have been here to share my journey of sobriety

You are going to be a wonderful mother.