Notices

I feel better- unbelievably better

Old 04-10-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel better- unbelievably better

Well friends (hey Lenina)-
I got up this morning feeling worn out as usual. Had bacon and eggs, and GRITS!!! I didnt feel like doing anything- But I got on my road bicycle and got in 30 miles with hills of course!! it was tough. For those that dont know I used to race bikes- 120 mile rides...(but I sucked- middle of the pack). Anyway I feel great today, and have a new attitutude. I really appreciate all of you, I think I have turned a corner as 'they' say.
Love and Peace to you all-
Dub
Old 04-10-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you feel good Dub..and a new attitude is great!
What are you gonna do?
D
Old 04-10-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i dont know- ride bikes more?
Old 04-10-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Glad you're doing better Dub. I also used to do competative cycling many moons ago (I think about 75 mi was about as long as I ever did). I say competative meaning there was a winner of the event, who was never me!!! I would have been happy with "middle of the pack"!!

I've also started back on the bike recently. I'm still back at the 15-20 mile range, but it is amazing how much better I feel after it. I gotta remember that.

My son is nine and has really started liking to ride his bike, so I make sure I bring it whenever I visit. He's also dragging me back into tennis, another former passion or mine. I gotta brush my game off or he'll be knocking forehands past his old man in no time!! Glad you're doing better. Take care.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
Glad you're doing better Dub. I also used to do competative cycling many moons ago (I think about 75 mi was about as long as I ever did). I say competative meaning there was a winner of the event, who was never me!!! I would have been happy with "middle of the pack"!!

I've also started back on the bike recently. I'm still back at the 15-20 mile range, but it is amazing how much better I feel after it. I gotta remember that.

My son is nine and has really started liking to ride his bike, so I make sure I bring it whenever I visit. He's also dragging me back into tennis, another former passion or mine. I gotta brush my game off or he'll be knocking forehands past his old man in no time!! Glad you're doing better. Take care.
sweet- I love tennis also. thanks for your post.
Dub
Old 04-10-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Dub - just checking.

I know you're doing what you feel you can right now

Exercise- it's great but don't forget mate - it's not a recovery programme in itself - if it was, we wouldn't have any drunken sportspeople.....

D
Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks Dub - just checking.

I know you're doing what you feel you can right now

Exercise- it's great but don't forget mate - it's not a recovery programme in itself - if it was, we wouldn't have any drunken sportspeople.....

D
Dee
I know.... you know the deal. It takes more than that. I am taking small steps and its working- its the only thing that has been lately. I have tried everything and getting the anxiety out of me seems to be at the very least positive. I am trying everything.
Thanks for your post and I Really appreciate you
Dub
Old 04-10-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Dub, Just picked up a nice hybrid 10 days ago and those 100psi tires feels great. I rode 45 min. just before work tonight, ......what a relaxed feeling now.

uh yea