Notices

About me

Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrackQuack View Post
Hi Luis! Welcome to SR! I am CrackQuack, 11 month clean. My drug of choice is crack cocaine.
We often blame the drugs, calling them the source of our problems. When in reality the drugs (be it weed, crack, coke, heroin, etc.) are not the SOURCE of our problems. They are the result of us acting out against the real source. Ourselves. Something inside of us.. Resentments. Depression. Hatred. Things in the past. Things we don't want to deal with. Stuff like this is the TRUE source of our problems and why we picked up the drugs, therefore, becoming addicts, in the first place.
I must congradulate you on realizing you are having a problem, in the first place, at such a young age. Many younger people refuse to believe there is a problem until they've gotten older. And, sometimes, that can make it all the harder to stop.
Have you looked into attending NA (or AA) meetings? Therapy? Going back into treatment?
You've got your GED (I got mine in active addiction too!), and you're going to college (I start next month!). Make it count by checking out some meetings, attending a whole bunch of them, listening at them, maybe talk later, and see how you like them. In the meantime, keep coming back to SR too! This place is a wonderful site for recovery!
And really think about cutting those "trees" down. If ya don't know what I mean, really put some thought into not smoking weed. Try it for a few minutes at a time and work your way up to a whole day, and go from there. Give it an all or nothing shot, but don't put yourself down IF you can't do it right away. Many of us relapse (gosh, I smoked crack AND claimed I was clean for a few minutes! Oh yeah- and then I got honest and would relapse over and over for 6 more months, but I kept at it and have been clean 11 months- Feb 3rd is my 1 year!). Anyway, addiction is cunning. It will tell you that you can't quit. But you can.
Many crackheads (I really should say former now) have done it, many alcoholics, many junkies.. Many of us are doing it! Join us and feel the natural high of being successful.
And please talk to a doctor about your depression, ok?
Thanks for your comments and sharing a piece of your life, I might consider talking to someone but first I want to find out if weed is what has me down.

Originally Posted by getr345 View Post
..hey Luis, how you doing man? I hope you're still thinking about quitting pot. I know I am so I decided to try again. Yesterday was Day 1 and today is Day 2, maybe we can do this together?
I'm good man, I'm happy for you that you've made that choice and I will be following you real soon, this may sound cliche, actually it really sounds cliche but I'm gonna try my hardest to quit the beginning of next week, 'cause I work on weekends, and I really don't want to be withdrawing at work, I've got a tad of a short temper, and I think I'd lose it at work. I really am gonna try next week... I hope. I wish you the best though man, hopefully you will be able to follow through.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
I've often wondered that myself and the only logical conclusion I can come to is the lesser of two evils on more planes than just one.

On one plane you have cigarettes being less mentally intoxicating and for less of a period of time than alcohol/marijuana. cigarettes > alcohol/marijuana

On the other plane you have the loner nature of an addict/alcoholic and cigarettes tend to be a social event. cigarettes > solitude

I'm a non-smoker and if cigarettes were a person I'd think about risking jail time to kill him/her because my dad can't quit smoking. I'm more anti-cigarettes than anything but given the beds we've made, I'd say cigarettes are rightfully ignored during recovery from the DOC.
Keeping in mind that cigarettes killed AA founder Bill W, I think it's a HUGE mistake to ignore nicotine addiction during recovery from other drugs and/or alcohol. Why do feel this way? Well, we have all heard about how easy it is for someone in recovery to transfer their addiction to another substance, well let's say somebody gives up booze but keeps right on smoking (probably even more now) and is actually encouraged by others to keep smoking because it's better than drinking (in effect it's the same principal as marijuana maintenance but with a MUCH MORE deadly drug)...it stands to reason that their addiction to nicotine will actually grow stronger (making quitting even harder) as all the remaining symptoms of their disease of addiction is now channeled into one drug, nicotine, the one drug they are encouraged by those in recovery circles to keep right doing...right into the grave. Like Bill W...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah man, I have to quit smoking cigarettes, they're giving me bronchitis. I have to quit tomorrow, I left my bong outside last sat and forgot it there, I was banged up, forgot all about it and my mom found it in the morning, she told me today I have to leave her house, but I'm going to talk to her about it and finally get clean. I think I'm gonna quit weed first then cigarettes, I'm gonna ween off cigarettes, and in the meantime I'm going back to the gym, every morning and night, and gonna use the sauna to detox. I'm also going to try to connect with old hobbies again, guitar, and basketball. I have to get sober, I'm tired of living like this, I'm not content without drugs, that's sad and ridiculous.

To be honest though, I love weed, I think I want to smoke it forever maybe, I just have to quit now so I can get my life together, get an education and a good paying job, once this is accomplished I don't think it'd be a problem. I'd just never pick up cigarettes, it enslaves you. One of the best reasons to quit addictions is the money you'd be saving, I'd save a couple hundred bucks a month! Jeez.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just have to quit now so I can get my life together, get an education and a good paying job, once this is accomplished I don't think it'd be a problem. I'd just never pick up cigarettes, it enslaves you.
I think you'll find that weed can enslave just as completely, if not more so, than cigs.

I hope you can get over your love of weed requiem because, in my experience, addiction (even weed) never gets better...it just gets a whole lot worse.

D
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think you'll find that weed can enslave just as completely, if not more so, than cigs.

I hope you can get over your love of weed
requiem because, in my experience, addiction (even weed) never gets better...it just gets a whole lot worse.

D
Maybe, I don't know. I spoke to my mom today and she's giving me the chance to get clean again before she kicks me out. I still have about a gram of weed left, I guess this is gonna be my last sack for a long time. I've finally decided I'm going to quit for a while, don't know how long but I'm quitting for sure. I don't know what to do with my bong, I might try selling it or something I guess... All I know is I must get rid of it, can't have any form of temptation.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So even after that **** happened I'm still doing drugs, I did E last night and bought 50mg percs today and some more weed, I'm messing up.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said 'addiction 'never gets better...it just gets a whole lot worse', Requiem.

In my experience, I had to make a conscious effort to step outside the addiction cycle and make some real tangible changes with some real tangible action.

D
Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, it has been over a year and I am back, today I finally have my life back. Although I hit my bottom, I'm proud to say I have 57 days clean, and I am in recovery. I have a sponsor and I'm going to N.A meetings, I thank God for all that he has done. I have a job today at a restaurant in the second wealthiest mall in America "The Bal Harbor shops" bussing at Makoto, named after an iron chef. Im gaining trust back little by little but all is good. I'm getting to see all my character defects I never noticed before, I'm feeling things I've never felt before, and even though life isn't all gravy, I'm glad today to say that I am in recovery. I hit my bottom Nov 8 2010, I went to jail for the first time in my life, for possesion of a controlled substance (suboxone)... yes.... suboxone, I was indeed addicted to heroin. Little did I ever know it would happen. I live in a 3/4 way house right next to the village, the treatment center I graduated from, and I am blessed.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you've struggled but I'm glad to see you back Requiem.
I hope you can move on now and make a new life for yrself

D
Old 04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Requiem - that made my night, seeing you back here with such positive thoughts. Keep on talking to us - this place is a great addition to your recovery program.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I thank God today for another sober day. I get chills once in a while when I think about where I am today. I use to believe that living on the edge I had the greatest view, but today I'm centered, where I cant fall off. I feel like God is lifting my mental obsession and just for today I don't have the desire to use, God bless.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thank you, I hope the same for you and everyone else
Old 04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I can't keep what I have without giving it away, I try to give my knowledge away to anyone who will listen. Thank you God, thank you jesus, and thank you my grandfather and aunt, rest in peace thank you for another sober day.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey buddy sorry to hear about your challenges.

I too was a addicted to getting high...I lived for it, all of the drugs you mentioned.

What helped me was realizing how badly I was f'ing up my life, and realizing that I only have one shot here to make something of myself. I really was hurting alot of people by my selfish behaviour, getting high is very selfish and doesnt help anyone.

I know you can stop if you really put your mind to it. You seem like a smart guy and I know that quitting will drastically improve your abilities to do well in school...you will surprise yourself!

Edit: Didnt realize you got clean already. Good job and thanks for the message. You have more sober days than me! Cheers