Notices

Chills

Old 12-23-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
TakingControl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 23
Chills

So I am now officially on day 26 of being clean, but I have a question for others who have gone through this experience - When did your chils/sweating like a pig go away - I would have thought I would be over this lovely part of the withdrawal, but I get these "bone chilling" chills, that literally "hurt" all the while I am sweating - I cant figure it out - I was thinking maybe it was one of my medications, but I am not sure
Has anyone else experienced this, after being clean for close to 30days?
<3 TC
TakingControl is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 204,844
Hi TC

my usual detox was from alcohol but it wasn't unusual for me to sweat for a month - of course I do live in the tropics, but you know the kind of sweating I mean.

It's always a good idea to see a Dr if you're worried

D
Dee74 is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
TakingControl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi TC

my usual detox was from alcohol but it wasn't unusual for me to sweat for a month - of course I do live in the tropics, but you know the kind of sweating I mean.

It's always a good idea to see a Dr if you're worried

D
Yeah I see my Dr. on the 14th of Jan - so I am hoping by then things have "calmed" down a bit but if they have not I will for sure bring it up @ my apt on the 14th - I wish I was somewhere tropic, I am in good ol freezing cold Oregon & let me tell you this weather does nothing for my mood either - Thanks D for your reply & yes I SO KNOW THE KIND OF SWEATING YOUR TALKING ABOUT & it SUCKS......LOL
<3 TC
TakingControl is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed
 
c49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Undisclosed Location
Posts: 343
Sometimes I got the sweats during detox and sometimes not. Each person and each detox can have its unique quirks.

I do recall having a rough detox a few years ago where I had sweat more than normal - with the bone chilling effects you speak of - but I was on some kind of SSRI at the time too. May have been Cymbalta. It went away after a few weeks of no booze and no SSRIs.
c49 is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Anna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dancing in the Light
Posts: 58,644
I think you can listen as your body is telling you that it is trying to adjust and talking to your dr is a good idea.
Anna is online now  
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Work in Progress
 
DecBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,142
May have been Cymbalta
Yeah I've sweated like crazy while on Cymbalta. Another of my SSRI anti depressants made me have the chills too. So it could be the meds but it could be the withdrawel too. And it could be a mixture of both.
DecBaby is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
TakingControl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by DecBaby View Post
Yeah I've sweated like crazy while on Cymbalta. Another of my SSRI anti depressants made me have the chills too. So it could be the meds but it could be the withdrawel too. And it could be a mixture of both.
DecBaby - You are TOO AWESOME, thank you for all your time replying to my posts.....<3 you very much

So I am on a whole list meds including including an SSRI (so I am sure it is probably a mixture of both) .... I cant tell you how much I love my my HOT BATHS I am taking like 4 a day lol........... I cant stand being sweaty.. SO GROSS FEELING..LOL <3 you much TC
TakingControl is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
TakingControl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
I think you can listen as your body is telling you that it is trying to adjust and talking to your dr is a good idea.
Thank you 51anna - your input is very true. I don't know why after years of running my body through the ringer and back that I am some how think that my body would just snap back to "normal" in a matter of just a few weeks - so I will be patient with myself & just take it one day at a time

Thank you again
<3 TC
TakingControl is offline  
Old 12-24-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Work in Progress
 
DecBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,142
Originally Posted by TakingControl View Post
Thank you 51anna - your input is very true. I don't know why after years of running my body through the ringer and back that I am some how think that my body would just snap back to "normal" in a matter of just a few weeks - so I will be patient with myself & just take it one day at a time

Thank you again
<3 TC
OMG So true. You know what I thought was great when I first starting taking pills for the hgh? You didn't feel like crap the next day. Little did I know how out of whack I made my body until I stopped and see everything isn't back to normal.
DecBaby is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 AM.