Notices

DubsDay5!

Old 12-23-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DubsDay5!

well I have made it 5 days! I feel anxiety and no appetite but sober. Have been sitting around most of the time and getting cabin fever...kept up my exercise routine and that seems to really take the edge off of my anxiety. My Dr gave me meds (I told him what I am doingt) that run out on Friday for anxiety, they are helping quite a bit. Everyone will be drinking at Christmas, but I really don't 'dread' that as I feel strongly that my will is good. Maybe I do subconsciously... anyway I see there are many people on here that are in similar and more difficult situations and I wish everyone success in their sobriety, and a great Christmas. I decided this year to give myself (and all that are affected by my drinking) a present, no alcohol and my sobriety. Can't remember a better present to receive or give....
Love and Peace-

Dub
Old 12-23-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Dedubya

Congratulations on making it through the first five days. I remember them well, they were hell. Like you I had no appetite also, or more difficulty chewing and swallowing, despite the fact that my stomach was growling. The whole process just didnt want to come together.....anyhow I found drinking banana smoothies would fill me up, and also get a few nutrients in too I bought myself a juice extractor for xmas and spent the day distracting myself from the drunks by making juices for myself and my friends kids

Good luck with the rest of your journey
Old 12-23-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 5 Dubs!!

Yep, I remember not feeling like eating either. I think I was used to not eating while I was drinking around the clock. What I did start doing though was sipping on broth and dry toast . Bananas are good also.

Maybe hitting a meeting or two on Christmas Day might help? They're never closed.

Best wishes and enjoy a peaceful sober Christmas! YAY!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks friends-
Appreciate the advice. I have bought cans of low sodium soups, brothy chicken type stuff, and sipping on that has helped. I will definitely go my noon AA meeting on Christmas, as every day in between. Those meetings keep me grounded, I know for at least an hour and usually 24 hrs....
Thanks again
Dub
Old 12-23-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((((Dubs)))))

I'm so glad you're so well! Congrats on the five days! Sounds like you're doing all the right things! Enjoy your noon meeting and come back and let us know how it went.

Much love to you, my friend!

Lenina
Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on 5 days, does your area have an Alcothon? They awesome in my area, 3 days of nonstop, meetings, speakers, playing games, just relaxing.... Oh YEA AND STUFFING ones face!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well Lenina and Taz and all-
I feel great (still on edge but every day is less...), I have my plan in order and it's on track. This anxiety thing with shopping- which I could not care less about, and everyone gets so stressed out this time of year (which I never do). Just got back from my meeting, it was awesome. A lot of peeps from out of town, it was interesting to see the new faces (even from Monday). AA has the ticket to where I want to go, and have been. Now I know more than ever. Thanks!!
Much Love and Well Wishes To All
Dub
Old 12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bbr

Sounds like you're doing good. Hang in there.

BBR
Old 12-23-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((Dubs))))

I'm so glad the meeting was good! I hate shopping. I really do. This time of year is stressful for me too. Today I am sober and counting the blessings in my life!

Much love,

Lenina
Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm staying close to AA too over the holidays; this week I had my Monday night meeting, met two AA friends yesterday, called my sponsor today, and on Friday I'll be going to a Christmas day meeting.
More or less the same next week plus a step meeting New Years eve and a lunch meeting on New Years day.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

fantastic! You guys have a lot going on, thats awesome
dub