Notices

Drunk dialing

Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As being both the maker and receiver of Drunk Phone Calls, this thread makes me shudder. There is nothing worse than yakking to someone while totally Blacked Out and then trying to figure out what you said later. When someone Drunk calls me now, I politely say "I'd really like to talk to about this but you need to call me back when you are sober". Otherwise I may just be wasting my time as they won't remember a thing about the conversation.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh my this thread is right on key for me tonight (UK diff time zone lol)..saw a friend today that I used to drink regularly with...she asked me to go back to her place for drinks and I refused...I told her that I was trying to give it a rest but she kept on saying it'd be a laugh etc etc...anyway i came home and spent the evening with my kids...later i got a call from her and it was obvious she'd been drinking, slurred speach, repeating herself, losing track etc etc (I wouldn't have noticed before)...brought it back to me how bad I must've sounded to people on my many drunken phone calls...denying that I'd touched a drop of course....what a plonker! And yes you're right, how incredibly boring!...you can only get into it if youre on that same wave length, i.e. sh1tfaced! lol...

Your post made me laugh out loud Karma ...soooooo true!

On a serious note tho, I'm sorry to hear that your cousin has liver damage banana... she is very much stuck in the grip of it...but while she's breathing there's hope hey...they say you have to reach your 'bottom' to accept that you need help or indeed have a problem...now looking through sober eyes its hard to watch ...makes you feel for all those sober eyes that likewise watched us reach ours.

Maybe have a frank conversation when she is more with it to explain that you cant talk to her on the phone when she is in that state...might be what she needs to hear....good luck
Old 09-03-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yikes - drunk dialing - yep, been there done that. I still shake my head when thinking of the people I've called while under the influence.
Call display is a wonderful thing because I know that there are some days that I don't have the energy to be polite to a drunk caller - so now I just let the machine get it (which can be amusing)
Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Got one 2 nights ago from GF; basically a booty call.... Boundary enforced... "No; talk to you when you are sober." Would have been fun... But; I will not enable. Hate it when that happens. Used to do it myself. Hate that 2. Lovin' the stober (spelling intentional) mindset.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm in the midst of a drunk call now........arghh!
I have a friend, whom I love, but we've subjected eachother to drunk calls over the years...well, now I'm trying to get sober, but she's having a few..I've tried the screening, it doesn't work, then what happens is I get an angry email the next day or later that night because I didn't answer...there's just no escape! Plus, I do feel, well, I've done my fair share of annoying people..I guess what goes around comes around.
I can certainly relate to the checking redial in the morning, checking emails, fb messages...deleting posts...What a horrible feeling. That was always a source of anxiety for me. I'm really enjoying waking up each morning and not cringing because I don't know who I talked to or what I could have said.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh lord I shudder to think how many drunk calls I made and texts sent. If I'm ever dumb enough to go back on the beer I'm going to put my phone under a steam roller.

A very good friend of mine stopped calling me for advice when she needed someone to talk to because I was always p****d. She never told me this until recently (now that I'm sober, all of three weeks) and it hurt like hell. At least I've got the chance to make it up with her.

Don't give up on your cousin when she see's the good example your setting, you never now.

Good luck and best wishes