Hello

Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Welcome to SR Mary

Its ok we can all see your posts. Im not that computer savy myself tho lol
Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you! How do I make sure that a specific person I want to talk to sees my message?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Originally Posted by pugluver View Post
Thank you! How do I make sure that a specific person I want to talk to sees my message?
If you post here we will all see it. Or you can send a PM (personal message) to the member you want and nobody will see that but you and them.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Meow

If you click on the quote button at the bottom of each post, you can highlight that person's post. That way they know that you are talking to them, or continuing on a thought that they had etc. Everyone will see anything you post on the forums - only personal messages are personal.

You may also edit your own posts if you see a typo by clicking on the edit button at the bottom of your post. You will only have that option on your own posts.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

Alcoholism - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hello again for the second day. Check out this forum if you have a chance. All

you have to do is double click the above link. Finding out

about alcoholism and what it does to us is very important. SR has much info

available.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Puglover, you will find lots of good information and experience here. I am a long time drinker too.Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

:wtf2 am I replying to my own post ???? sorry everyone

just make sure you are on the internet.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
mergirl

Your original post made me smile!! We are definately not all recovered=) I found this site desperately ashamed of my drunken behavior and discovered I had all sorts of fun issues to deal with, including being an adult child of alcoholics, living with an alcoholic, and being a huge codependent. This site is a miracle, and everyday I learn something here that helps me.

There is light at the end of the tunnnel, and a beautiful life yours for the taking beyond the darkness. I am 7+ months into my new life, and I am in constant amazement at the joy I have found.
welcome
Old 08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing fine with this internet nonsense Mary

D
Old 08-19-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mary, it took me 5 months to finally pour my last beer down the drain. I was reading & getting courage and inspiration here all that time - but was not quite ready. Like Dee, I felt I wasn't going to make it if I didn't stop all together. I had abused my body for so many years and I couldn't keep recovering from binges. I also was tired of leading half a life, not paying attention to anything around me - always just waiting for the next opportunity to swig something down. No point in even being here if that's all we do - I wanted to feel joy and hope again. It's great you are here!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Pugluver,

Welcome to SR! Yes you definitely are in the right place!!! This is the Newcomers section after all.

My personal experience that I had been ill from alcohol and went through an extremely nasty detox. I wound up in a detox hosp and for the first time in my life I no longer wanted to drink for the rest of my life period. Prior to this I only stopped drinking for a period of time so I could learn how to be a social drinker again. I never realized that once you cross the line in alcoholism you cannot ever drink normally like a non-alcoholic. While I was at the hosp AA showed up and I got a Sponsor on the spot and started to call him daily while I was still in the hospital. I took all his suggestions, went to a lot of meetings, worked the 12 steps, have been sober since and have absolutely no desire to drink again.

There are also other recovery programs that others use. The one thing about AA is that it has the largest support group in the world. There are over 2000 meetings a week in the town I live in. I have lots of sober friends now and I do many non AA activities with them.

Please do see a doctor. They can keep you safe during detox and make the whole process a lot more comfortable. I didn't realize it at the time but alcoholic detox is very serious business. A doctor will also check for and treat any health issues from alcohol use.

By the way posting here on a regular basis is a very powerful recovery tool!!