Notices

Day 114. Sidelined by a dm cold!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

Day 114. Sidelined by a dm cold!

Don't worry, I think I'll make it:P Seriously though who get's a damn cold in the dead of summer??? Well anyway enough of my bitching time for the update.

I've been outside of the past two days really good. I'm working again and climbing out of that hole that I was in for the past year. My mode is much more up beat. Taking a shot lately in the weight room though. Since I've started working I find that by training the way I like to leaves me pretty exhausted especially with the way I work a bit of a flip flop schedule so I'm cutting back on the loads for a while, switching over to more of a light bodybuilding routine for a while.

And most important of all I'm still sober and pretty happy with it. I'm just about where I was when I had that slip up back in April. I checked the clock and kind of bummed that I would have 230 days now. But hey, 114 is pretty damn good still. But for the most part I've had little desire for it. A few minor cravings popped up. Like when I hear some of the guys at work talking on Friday what they're gonna do over the weekend has started a few cravings. But the funny thing is when I see them drag their sorry butts back in on Monday, or sometimes even Tuesdays I'm reminded just why exactly I'm glad to be sober still. And honestly the stories I hear, it doesn't even sound remotely fun. I have to remind myself that I use to really think that was having a good time??

So I'm alive, sober and doing good. One confession though. I have traded in one addiction for another. I'm officially A World of Warcraft addict! Whenever I have some free time I'm on that now. In fact I'm only taking a break and plan on going back there as soon as I'm done with this. But I think I'll be alright. I already told a few people if I start ditching work, get togethers, gym, and stop bathing eating and beoming super pasty pale and chugging down Mt. Dews, then send in a rescue team after me!

So anyway hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend. Oh and if you play WOW, hit me up and let me know what server you're on
Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update Bard
Good to 'see' you - hope you get over your cold soon

D
Old 08-08-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

But I think I'll be alright. I already told a few people if I start ditching work, get togethers, gym, and stop bathing eating and beoming super pasty pale and chugging down Mt. Dews, then send in a rescue team after me!

that's funny stuff! i'm glad to hear things are going well. keep moving on.

be well,

bh
Old 08-08-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad to hear you are doing well.
We had to have a World of Warcraft intervention for our youngest son. He was trading in his business textbooks for some advanced hack codes in the end. It is progressive. :rotfxko
Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faerie

WOW rocks, used to play on 'Shandris' [very friendly server] my character was a warlock named Rosenna. Playing her was very addictive and I had to force myself to give up. Plus it cost a lot to play.

Used to roleplay her all the time, she was very flirtatious and I was very popular with the horny 14 yr old boys. She had a habit of strip teasing......

However if WOW is keeping you from drinking then I think GO FOR IT, kill as many of those damn murlocks as you can.

I hate murlocks.....

Love,

Faerie aka Rosenna