Notices

Emotinal recovery after 6 weeks

Old 07-26-2009, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotinal recovery after 6 weeks

On day 45 of my recovery started to feel very odd. It snowballed into a week that was a real test for me. Someone posted here about PAWS, post addiction withdrawl syndrom, and I think I got a taste of it.

It only started to clear up this morning (9am in Ireland).

Funny I was talking to someone yesterday about the same thing, he knew someone who gave up drink permanently and between his second and sixth months of sobriety, he went thru the roller coaster of emotions.

It hasnt been easy. Its not as difficult as the physical withdrawals of the first 3 days, but it is a more sustained feeling of grief, anger, frustration and irritation.

I always had difficulties handling stress. People who are newly quitting need to know about PAWS as it will drive many who dont back to the bottle and to square one.

As for the remainder of my recovery, I am aware now of the tests ahead. I have no doubt it will be hard, but episodes like last week wont be as long. My last time of quitting was in October and November last year, and Im sure that my relapse had something to do with the emotional episode of PAWS
Old 07-26-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

There is a lot to deal with when we recover.

I had been ignoring my feelings for years and years, so when I began recovery, there was a lot of work to do.

Have faith that you will get through this.