Notices

Anyone stay on SR with a drink in hand?

Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

i joined this forum with a drink in hand =\
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by effortjoy View Post
Anyone stay on SR with a drink in hand?.. Is it okay to drink and read posts?
I was a SR "guest" for over 3 years... I had the website bookmarked, and lurked, reading posts while drunk. I've also done that a few times, after I'd signed up.

Only you can decide if doing so is okay - we are responsible for our actions. I prefer to avoid judgement. Personally, I'd rather not do it again

Take care.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm new, but I do believe that when you post 'drunk', which is guaranteed to be a time of honesty of many alcoholics, you should declare so in the subject. This allows users who are sensitive to other user's actions to ignore subjects that are difficult.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I read this forum many many times drunk and sometimes I read it while in a blackout, because I would wake up to find this window open...subconscious trying to tell me something I suppose...but I never posted anything...I would just read and cry and hope that one day I could post something about how many days I had and how wonderful life is sober...and it is!!! 25 days and counting =)
Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Rockstar

This was a good point brought up by some: posting whilst drinking. I still drink alcohol, as ive explained ive been successful in 'moderating' it, but I respect everyones problems and I will NOT post when im drinking. So whenever you see a post by me it will be on my milkshake days. I respect you guys too much to be an A-hole and come here drunk.