Notices

2 days sober

Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Keep posting allllll weekend if you need to... this is what SR does really well!!

Mark
Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
Keep posting allllll weekend if you need to... this is what SR does really well!!

Mark
Okay....thanks
Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your decision to get sober. I know its tough, your brain is in the process of rewiring itself & your mind is trying to deal with feelings & emotions that have been drowned with alcohol for a long time.

In regards to keeping busy, there is always something to do. I have been more active in the last month than I have in years.
Tennis, rollerblading, mountain biking, golf, running, long walks, hiking, kayaking, yoga, meditation and getting down to the gym. There is a lot more things to do sober you just have to do them.

Lastly, I found a lot of good active groups (hiking etc.) at Maine Meetup Groups - Meetup.com looks like there are a lot of activities going on in Maine.

Stay close to SR & post when you need help.

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

day two is very early jenurse - there's a lot of great advice here and elsewhere about that, so I won't reiterate - but in the end you just have to get through it or go backwards...and anything has to be better than that.

As Cubile said, we're always here

If you find yr new meds are giving you undesirable side effects, pls see your doctor

good luck - hang in there!
D
Old 07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus.....sobriety is a journey of discovery,,,
Congratulations on starting yours.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say that I too am new! Only 8 days sober but I got up the nerve and walked into my first AA meeting this past Saturday night! Much to my surprise there were 4 people in that meeting that I knew from town who I would have never guessed were alcoholics! This were outstanding citizens of my community! Well I turned around and walked out and one of the guys ran after me grabbed my hand and said Missy you are in the right place! We are all in this together! I have been to 4 different meetings since and in every one I have known at least 2-4 people! The shame is leaving me and now when it is my turn I am not ashamed to say "Hello, my name is Missy and I am an alcoholic!" Please go! I know how scary it is! I know I have a long, long road but you will feel so much better and you will feel loved! Something I haven't felt in a long time!!! Good luck to you!!! Feel free to write to me anytime! It helps!