Notices

alcohol withdrawal

Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

to give an update: yestorday in am, husband had a beer, as an eye opener, he had been drinking for 4 days, then he took insurance card and said "ok I am ready I am going to the hospital, I feel sick", as he went out the door I was taking care of the baby, as he came back 20 min later, he had 2 beers in his hand and said "i coulnd't walk in to the hospital, too embarassed". got baby ready and force him physically into the emergency room (God gave me the strength to proceed). he looked really sick. they gave him IV fluids, vitamin B6 injection, multivitamins, and ativan then discharged him. Now he is sleeping at home. Doctor said his blood alcohol level was almost 400 he almost went into coma. I am shocked he is shocked now that we thinking about it and.......could of lost him yestorday.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope for his sake he will give it up now.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I wish so too, and he says he will do something about it now, (well i have heard this million of times) so I no longer believe him...at this point.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You know my wife damn near loved me to death!!!!!!

She saved my life by not kissing my butt!

She saved my life by allowing me to hit my bottom rather then by "HELPING" me to NOT hit my bottom!

My liver was well on it's way to cirrosis due to all of the "HELP" my wife was giving me!

The only reason I do not have cirrosis of the liver right now is because my wife stopped trying to LOVE ME TO DEATH!

If my wife had not forced me to face it all on my own with no help from anyone I could very well be dead today! I know for a fact that I would still be a drunk today if my wife had not allowed me to hit my bottom by refuseing to help me any more.

It breaks my heart to see some one being KILLED WITH LOVE!!!! There are tons of dead alcoholics who were loved to death.

Their Epitaph should read:

LOVED!

TO DEATH!

I owe my life to my wife loving me enough to stop helping me.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thanks Tazman, I am not helping anymore....now just found treatment center that he may be interested in.

I realized what you saying and how it makes sense. when it happens in our own life its really hard to step aside and figure it out. Many thanks!
Old 07-18-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Okay you just hit upon the only help you should be giving him, taking him to rehab, but ONLY if he ask!

I hope you did not take offensive, but I have been in his shoes before, as long as people kept on enabliing me, I kept on drinking! Why stop, it didn't hurt all that bad, I had people helping me out of any problems it caused me or others.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

thanks, as matter of fact i am opposite of offended, rather grateful to you and your posts!!! after reading yours and other posts, all together brought me together to take him to the hospital to get help at least to keep him alive, next step as I understand, a person is a bit helpless and lacks ideas, so I will be encouraging him to make a call to schedule an appoitment to seek help.