Notices

yeahgr8 update

Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

yeahgr8 update

Hello all!

Ok i went to rehab and came out early, then they didn't have a bed for me when i was due to go back in...so guess what, yep i've been out since then drinking and gambling! Dragged my ass to a counselor 2 weeks ago, going to AA meeting tonight.

Several things have happened since i have been out, bit like several kicks in the balls really. Not really wondering if i will start getting on my knees and praying anymore just a matter of when and that day is today.

So here is the support i have right now:

1. AA friend - staying rent free in his empty flat in Gibraltar
2. AA friend - looking after my cat
3. Best friend always looking out for me
4. Counselor
5. Prescription for antabuse
6. AA
7. Sober Recovery
8. No ties or obligations to anything nor any urgency to have to do anything major, like get a new job
9. Warehouse full of my stuff in Barcelona with everything a guy would want in his home, waiting for me when i get a new place to stay
10. About 20k in the bank (once i sell car, ad goes in this Friday...fingers crossed, couldn't gamble the car)
11. Friend over in Germany pushing some easy freelance work over at the end of this month
12. Solid brain and very motivated individual who has a very very bright future without the alcohol and gambling

So i used to think **** it i'll get sober i've got nothing to lose, now i truly believe i will get sober as i have EVERYTHING to lose!

It's quite a thing to come from a mindset of thinking that life is over and this is going to be the end to finally realising how many things i have to be grateful for, i am scared of losing what i have!

I am beginning to feel like i do deserve this, will keep popping in as i am using an internet cafe at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy and sober:-)
Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so happy to hear from you. I read a lot of hope in there and I am thrilled for you!!! While it may seem like you have close to nothing, it looks like you have plenty to be grateful for. Good for you!!!

Wow!!!! I hope all of that works out for you and I hope to see you posting more in the near future with more great news!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Way to grab the bull by the horns.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear from you, keep praying, keep the attitude you have now, lean on the support you have in place now and reach out at the meeting and get more support, there is no reason to try this alone or with limited support.

I am beginning to feel like i do deserve this,
If you work for it hard enough you will get it. The road is not always a smooth one, life is life with all of its ups & downs, but simply staying sober will help, for me the key was the steps and the fellowship.

Hang tough, keep doing what you need to do, remember that you need to stay willing to do what it takes even when you do not feel you can, step out of that comfort zone, it will set you free.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wondered how you were Cliff.
I hope things start going your way now mate.
Really work it, ok?

keep us updated!
D
Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keep coming back!

Keep coming back. I like your attitude.

Step 1: The problem
Step 2: The solution
Steps 3-12: The work

It works, it really does.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wonder if you might add belief in a higher power to your list. Just sayin'...
Old 07-14-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Cliff, good to see you.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey bro, haven't been around as much as I'd like lately, but glad I see something positive in your post here. Keep the positive attitude and keep making positive changes in your life and it can only help. You're a great guy and hope everything works out for the best bro. I'll keep ya in thoughts and prayer.

Wes