Notices

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Old 07-14-2009, 03:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Sometimes, the way is not clear.

Our minds get clouded, confused. We aren't certain what our next step should be, what it will look like, what direction we are headed.

This is the time to stop, ask for guidance, and rest. That is the time to let go of fear. Wait. Feel the confusion and chaos, and then let it go. The path will show itself. The next step shall be revealed. We don't have to know now. We will know in time. Trust that. Let go and trust.

Today, I will wait if the way is not clear. I will trust that out of the chaos will come clarity.

Reading from The language of Letting Go ....Melody Beattie
Old 07-14-2009, 03:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know that TOTALLY speaks to me.

That sounds exactly where I'm at and where my state of mind is. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hi... and Thankyou

That trusting one i always had a problem with... most of us i guess have the problem to begin with....

"Handing it over".... I laughed at this.... hand it over to who?.... i never trusted in or believed in anyone enough to hand anthing over to.... i had to be in the driving seat... in control.... and i was a useless driver.... (thank god i was never given a licence).... :o)

I've been reminded too of HALT recently... again i didn't beieve in this.... I didn't really believe in much when it comes down to it... and thats a shame...
If i work on believeing in something greater than myself... i dont know.... maybe my life wouldn't be so erratic.... so muddled with confusion.

I was told to watch out for Hunger... Anger.... Loneliness... and Tiredness (think i got that right).... and i found when i was having bad days that one or more of these always applied.... and if i worked on that.... it was n't just as bad.

I was talking to a friend recently and they were having a hard day.... there washing machine broke.. they were fighting with their husband over money issues and then their laptop broke...
They were in a right state.... but by the end of the day.... after giving it time and most of all... calming down.... there were solutions out there...

sorry i am waffling now.... but thanks for your post.... i got alot out of it

be well
louis
Old 07-14-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keep coming back!

This reminds me of the paragraph on the bottom of page 86 in the Big Book:

"In thinking about our day we may face indecision. We may not be able to determine which course to take. Here we ask God for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision. We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle. We are often surprised how the right answers come after we have tried this for a while."

Relax and take it easy, don't struggle. This was so counter to my way. I had to figure it out. However, after trying this, I find it is much more effective (and peaceful)!

Thanks for the post.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I was going to post this too Bee! Thanks for putting it out there for our members.

Some of these recovery techniques are so difficult to learn and practice when we're new:

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
stop, ask for guidance, and rest...... let go of fear. Wait. Feel the confusion and chaos, and then let it go. Trust that. Let go and trust.

I will wait if the way is not clear. I will trust that out of the chaos will come clarity.
I know that the more I focus on learning these behaviors, the gifts of recovery will come and the Promises will be revealed to me.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

stop, ask for guidance, and rest...... let go of fear.
Yes Astro,I am only now beginning to understand how all this works. I just had to work this part of it on interview and I was very comfortable being there, no fear whatsoever. Now the waiting part, Not in my hands now.