Notices

Whateverr!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just me...

Whateverr!

Tomorroww is July 4th. I amm ok with thattt. What I am not ok withh is I allowedd myself to be ropedd into goingg to the annual ex inlaws cook out with my kidss. I will have thee joy off dealingg with people who don'tt really likee me to begin with as well beinng around myy ex and hiss new girlfriend on what wouldd have been our 8th wedding anniversary!!! So tomorrow is gonna be a tesst for me. Wish mee luck! I am havingg seriouss doubts about it all.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No chance you can 'unrope' yourself Chardoll?

D
Old 07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just me...

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
No chance you can 'unrope' yourself Chardoll?

D
I triedd already. Nothingg has worked andd if theyy want me theree to point and stare it, so be it.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno what your family dynamic is, but I have to remind myself often with my family that we always have the power to say no.

It doesn't sound like this is gonna be a good thing for you at all, to me - but if you must go - I wish you luck

stay strong
D
Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mergirl

bleh, well, at least practice your "no" for next time!!

ORRRR, fake a tummy ache tomorrow morning!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Doll, you sure you cant get out of it?? I not and they wanna "point and stare"its there problem hun not yours. You are really strong dont let there cr@p upset you.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Just me...

Originally Posted by Gypsy Feet View Post
bleh, well, at least practice your "no" for next time!!

ORRRR, fake a tummy ache tomorrow morning!!

My NO hass def. gotta get better.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Chardoll, (((((Hugs)))))

Wow! That's some weird kind of 4th of July party. I'm sorry you have to go. The things we do for our children huh? Well, if you MUST go...you just show them all who has some "Real strength and courage" and stand up proud (cuz your there for YOUR CHILDEN) and don't let nobody else see what your really feeling on the inside.

Just wear a big happy smile and let them all guess their pants off Chardoll!!! You can do it! I believe in you and the power of Recovery! I can hardly wait to hear how it went!

Love Pancake xo
Old 07-03-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Just me...

Originally Posted by marty888 View Post
Hey Doll, you sure you cant get out of it?? I not and they wanna "point and stare"its there problem hun not yours. You are really strong dont let there cr@p upset you.

I havee triedd, they even came by tonightt to make sure I was gonna be therre. My strength for right now iss weakeningg. Just tiredd annd worn out.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mergirl

sounds like maybe you better stay home and rest tomorrow, nudge nudge wink wink
Old 07-03-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WOW... I so would not be able to go. I admire your strength. A positive, confident attitude will show...so, if you must go, keep your head held high and realize that you are the mother of those children and you deserve respect. Best of luck and happy independence day!

T.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just me...

sounds like maybe you better stay home and rest tomorrow, nudge nudge wink wink
Can'tt do that to my babies. Theyy are excitedd and lookingg forward to tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
mergirl

I didnt realize your kids could only go if you went, bummer! I guess your stuck then. I hope it turns out you have a good time
Old 07-03-2009, 09:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Just me...

I didnt realize your kids could only go if you went, bummer! I guess your stuck then. I hope it turns out you have a good time
I figuredd the kids wouldd go without me. But apparently, I was wrong. The ex mother inlaww came over thiss eveningg and told me shee wants me there. I don't knoww. I amm gonna goo with my babies and just make suree they have a good time. Whatever happens, happens. As long as they havee a good time that iss all that matters.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
mergirl

hmmm, well I guess I was that way too when my kids were young<3

Now I am practicing my self love skills, and saying no and such. When my kids and the on again off again were at his folks for father's day, I was on holiday 2 hours north on the coast haha.

I gave them all the last 20 years, I think I deserve to pick my own plans now!! haha

I so hope you have fun=)
Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Just me...

hmmm, well I guess I was that way too when my kids were young<3

Now I am practicing my self love skills, and saying no and such. When my kids and the on again off again were at his folks for father's day, I was on holiday 2 hours north on the coast haha.

I gave them all the last 20 years, I think I deserve to pick my own plans now!! haha

I so hope you have fun=)

Mine are 7 and 5. If theyy were olderr, I wouldd just drop them off. Theree ar e few otherr factors I am nott mentioningg. It really is best if I do go.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I don't know much about the situation but this sounds utterly horrible for you. So... you feel that people are going to point & stare at you, don't like you, ex is going to be showing off the new girlie friend, ex mother in law drops by to make sure your coming????

This sounds like a recipe for disaster either during or after the fact. I am sure you can take the kids to one of their favorite spots & some McDonalds with Mommy. Can you take them to a nice park or some other spot in your area.

I feel a cold coming on... don't you? Maybe take a moment to Ben Franklin this one. What is a Ben Franklin you ask... well its a list of the positives & negatives of a situation.

Lets try it here.. now.

What would I get out of going to the BBQ tomorrow?

Positive:
- Make kids happy
(Make your list)

Negative:
I will feel unhappy there
People will belittle me there
I dont want to see my ex with his new girlfriend.. I will feel bad
I may want to drink & if I do my sobriety & happiness is gone
I will have to detox again
I may not be able to stop drinking, what about my kids, job etc.
I may make a fool of myself at the party after drinking
I cant drive with the kids if I drink (what if I do??)
(Make your list)

I hope you are ok with whatever you do, I am also a "yes" person but I am really working on my NO. Its tough but you can do it.

Have a beautiful picnic , in the park with the kids, maybe a lake, beach, amusement park... I don't know but anything but. Yeah, they will whine & be unhappy for a little while but soon forget when you are playing at the park etc.

Please take care & think of you & "your" family/kids first.

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-04-2009, 01:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chardoll View Post
The ex mother inlaww came over thiss eveningg and told me shee wants me there. I don't knoww.
Give me her number & I will call her for you, I can be your handsome new boyfriend & I don't want you at some party at the ex BF's/Hubbies place.

At least the 2nd half is true

Looks like I took two long on my last post & you have gone to bed. I hope you read this tomorrow morning & have second thoughts.

Let me know if you need me to make a call ;-)

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-04-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Char, Hey Girl! Listen, I've done things that I did not want to do and suffered for them and I did it for OTHER people. I refuse to do it today. If I say "no", I follow through no matter who contests it.

Even if it involves my 9 yr old son. I just tell him "Baby, Mama just isn't going to feel comfortable and I want to enjoy myself with you. Maybe we won't do that, but we'll do something else fun together."

I don't drink today to deal with things that I don't like so in order to keep ME happy......if it doesn't feel good, I don't do it.

I hope your day ends up being a great one!!! :ghug
Old 07-04-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't go, definitely not.

There are lots of fun things you and your kids could do this weekend and have a great time, without stressing yourself.